Open LMS is a Moodle-based Learning Management System that helps educators improve the learning experience and outcomes of millions of learners across the globe. In partnership with our community of educators, we continually innovate to better enable educators, parents, and learners of all types to teach, learn, connect, and communicate whenever they want and wherever they are. Most importantly, we help every student achieve their full potential through access to lifelong learning.
We also offer a full portfolio of education technologies including exclusive reseller relationships for web conferencing, accessibility improvement, and innovative content offerings from both Blackboard and Learning Technologies Group.
For more information about Open LMS, please visit our website, and hit our Youtube channelto get a feel for our culture and meet members of the team.Role Description
In the Scrum Master role, you will serve as the servant leader for your team(s) by ensuring clear communication and helping the team reach its goal. The Scrum Master will drive the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc.) focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the team. The Scrum Master will facilitate team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team.What you’ll be doing
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serves as Scrum Master for two or more Scrum teams
- Facilitates Scrum ceremonies and provides coaching to further mature the teams (Daily Scrum, retrospectives, sprint planning, demonstrations, etc...)
- Ensures team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery of business value
- Helps team pro-actively identify impediments and recommends solutions to remove impediments
- Represents team in daily or Scrum of Scrums (S2) meeting and clearly communicates team accomplishments, impediments, and downstream impacts.
- Coaches the team to improve collaboration and self-organization
- Demonstrates ability to balance data with other factors when making decisions
- Utilizes team feedback, analyzes data, and reports on team quality, delivery rate, throughput, productivity, velocity, etc. to identify areas of opportunity and improve team efficiency and delivery
- Demonstrates ability to identify process inefficiencies and facilitates discussions for a solution
The Candidate will have these required skills:
- Good capacity for listening and empathy
- Fluent English (B2 at least)
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
- 2-5 years Agile or other related experience
- Good understanding and enthusiasm for Agile
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships the Scrum team and stakeholders
- Comfortable working with multiple teams, in-house and remote
- Excellent communication skills
- Located in Bogotá
- Scrum Alliance CSM or PMI’s Agile Certified Professional
- 2+ years of experience as part of an Agile team
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Open LMS is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.