Principal Project Manager at Okta (Remote)
Okta’s projects, like our Identity services, connect people and technology and require the project manager to actively participate in setting a standard of excellence focused on time-to-value. As a project manager at Okta, you will lead complex identity access management (IAM) projects using the expertise of your professional service. You will primarily be focused on initiating, planning, scheduling, forecasting, and providing oversight to the work of assigned professional services (PS) team members. This includes being a liaison between the customer and all other project stakeholders. You act as a leader for the project as you influence the best performance of the project team.
As a Principal Project Manager you are critical to the overall management of projects delivered by the services team. You will be collaborating effectively with multidisciplinary teams both internally and externally with our customers while demonstrating a strong commitment to assigned project goals. You are also responsible for financial reporting of the projects each week in alignment with the team targets.
Your success in this role requires strong leadership for leading the delivery of projects in accordance with strict project deadlines, within budget, and demonstrated value of services. You have a strong technical project management background with very strong communication and coordination skills.
At Okta professional services our vision focuses on time-to-value for our customers with a key focus on customer success. Under the supervision of the Regional Director, our Project Managers play a vital role in delivering the Okta services in a dynamic and high paced environment. We at Okta are Always On with a real passion for Customer Success and our Professional Services team ensures our customers achieve the best and the fastest value possible.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Duties and responsibilities:
● Can adapt between leading small workshop based engagements to mid-sized standard project lifecycle management.
● Manages several projects simultaneously in alignment with Okta’s professional services project portfolio. Projects range from small under 40 hours engagements to large-sized engagements
● Demonstrated resilience, tact, influence, and problem-solving skills in a variety of situations.
● Administers formal change control in accordance with any changes in scope, time, and cost.
● Employ scope, time, cost, resource, communication, and risk management.
● Partners with cross-functional teams at Okta to ensure project and customer success.
● Identify customer opportunities to position the sale of other desired services.
● Ability to context switch and manage up to 20 engagements each week.
● In-depth experience in project management with experience in delivering Saas platforms
● A relevant combination of education and experience that would provide the required
knowledge, skills and abilities to perform leading projects.
● Strong verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
● Hands-on solid track record in successfully leading the delivery of projects for multiple
● Consulting services experience working with strong matrix management skills and ability to work
● Expertise in project management, business analysis, software delivery lifecycle, and SaaS.
● A demonstrated project manager, who is self-motivated, flexible, enthusiastic and organized.
● Applied understanding of SaaS delivery concepts and familiarity of IAM.
● Ability to travel up to 50% at times taking into account the health and safety of our employees.
Project Management Professional certification or other relevant accreditation is strongly preferred.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.