IT Project Manager at Tanium (Remote)
Tanium needs an IT Project Manager to support Information Technology and Security initiatives. This dynamic individual is an experienced professional, highly organized, with strong communications skills and a drive to get things done and will report to the Senior Manager, Technology PMO. This role will plan, document, launch and manage a wide variety of technology projects and occasionally serve as a liaison between business teams and technical resources for specific projects.
What you'll do:
- Lead and manage IT and Security projects and strategic initiatives
- Drive adherence to schedule and scope
- Set and tracks project milestones, dependencies, unforeseen delays, and risks, and adjust schedules and expectations as needed
- Effectively communicate risks and opportunities to stakeholders and management
- Establish and implement change management including communication plans, providing timely status updates to stakeholders, and affected teams
- Ensure project teams are following the defined architecture, security, and compliance processes
- Develop a deep understanding of workflow processes relating to project delivery
- Resolve conflicts and remove impediments that hinder the team’s performance
- Guide stakeholders, BSAs to prioritize and define detailed requirements that meet established
- quality and standards
- Manage multiple IT projects at times
- Build good partnerships with IT Business Systems leaders and stakeholders to drive desired business outcomes
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business, or related fields
- PMP or CSM preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Project/Program Management
- A demonstrated track record of leading and successfully delivering large/complex IT projects
- Strong understanding of Information Technology procedures and practices
- Prior experience in ERP, CRM applications and related integrations, preferred
- Expertise in MS products, including SharePoint and other project management tools
- Experience working with multiple cross-functional teams
- Must have a strong desire to achieve team and delivery excellence
- Must be comfortable providing feedback to the teams and facilitate continuous improvement initiatives
- Must have prior experience with Agile Methodologies - Kanban and SCRUM
- Experience in Agile tool suite (i.e., JIRA, Confluence and/or Kanbanize)
- Prior PMO experience, nice to have
- Strong sense of ownership, attention to detail
- Superb collaboration skills; Able to quickly build trust, credibility, and rapport with the team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium protects every team, endpoint, and workflow from cyber threats by integrating IT, Operations, Security, and Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for six consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, the health and safety of our employees and the community are our top priority. In our effort to control the spread of Covid-19, Tanium requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as of their start date, to the extent allowed by applicable law. If you are unable to get the Covid-19 vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief, Tanium will engage in the interactive process and consider requests for an accommodation.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.