Game Studio Production Director (Nashville, TN)
At Iron Galaxy Studios, our teams support a healthy work-life balance, promote continuous improvement, and champion a diverse people-focused culture. We encourage professionals from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
This is a full-time hybrid position in Chicago (IL), Nashville (TN), Austin (TX), or Orlando (FL) with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy is looking for a Studio Production Director to provide oversight, guidance, and support to our talented Production Department responsible for managing a large, diverse product portfolio. Studio Production Directors work with Department Heads, including the Head of Production to prioritize strategy goals and help teams prioritize what matters most.
Because we develop a diverse portfolio of games that include our own IP (RUMBLEVERSE), co-development (KILLER INSTINCT), and AAA ports (UNCHARTED: LEGACY OF THIEVES COLLECTION), there’s never a dull moment! A Production Director must be flexible and thrive in ever-changing environments and work strategically with studio and game team leadership to proactively solve challenging problems.
Our company is ever-growing and we’re looking for the right Production partner to help us scale and nurture that growth in the best possible way.
- Collaborate with the Head of Production and Production Team leadership to execute strategic goals and maintain department best practices and identify new ones.
- Collaborate with various department heads, leads, and producers to identify opportunities to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Be a partner-facing representative to provide excellent service to our development partners and outsourcers.
- Proactively determine and troubleshoot which projects need further support for them to succeed and find ways to provide that support.
- Collaborate with other Producers and Directors to improve processes and product features
- Coach, and grow Production Team members with annual performance reviews and more frequent growth check-ins.
- Provide guidance and direction to ensure that project goals and deliverables are clearly communicated and achieved
- Coach Producers on how to anticipate project risks and how to propose solutions
- Proven experience as a manager in a production/development environment
- Meaningful knowledge of project management methods, as well as confident organizational skills, communication, and ability to multitask
- Familiarity with game development tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Solution-oriented and able to work effectively under pressure;
- History of implementing production processes and workflows to support software development
- Brings a collaborative and proactive team mindset
ABOUT US: Iron Galaxy is one of the world’s largest independent video game developers with 60+ shipped titles. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports, epic remasters, and new experiences from the ground up. We partner with the top companies in the gaming industry to co-develop and support AAA game creation at the highest level.