Design Program Manager, Strategic Programs at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We’re looking for a Design Program Manager to join the Strategic Programs team within the Product Organization. We drive cross-functional alignment, create process efficiency, and deliver initiatives on the required timeline through consistent planning and tracking.
In this role you will be responsible for driving operational excellence for our Design teams and leading large cross-functional Design-led programs. You will champion ‘Efficient Execution’ by creating, implementing and maintaining operational best practices for design production. You will also lead change by identifying and implementing process improvements and championing consistent best practices through clear communication & training. Our ability to scale the business whilst maintaining a high-bar for quality greatly depends on the success of this role and building strong Design program management.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Execute large scale Design-led programs that are highly complex & cross functional in nature
- Lead production for a high-volume of design assets created by the Design Systems team including Illustration, Icons, Visual Design and Animation.
- Rigorously manage the planning & prioritization of ongoing requests submitted across the business including Product, Marketing & CX.
- Establish engagement models and collaborate with external & internal partners (Product Management, Engineering , Brand & Marketing, etc) to align on objectives
- Identify & implement systems, tools & processes that drive ‘efficient execution’.
- Support a growing number of agency/vendor relationships and implement process improvements to how they onboard & collaborate with internal teams.
- Engage with stakeholders to clearly define Design work requirements, understand the size of efforts/level of complexity, before aligning on an agreed schedule of delivery.
- Ensure a high-level of visibility & transparency of Design efforts through well organized program trackers & documentation.
- Monitor program status and proactively identify issues and risks. Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate with partners to ensure timely resolution.
- Produce photo and video shoots that create Coinbase’s library of evergreen, bespoke images.
- Partner with internal Designers, Design Managers, and Strategists to understand goals, scope, and creative direction as new concepts are being developed.
- Oversee resourcing and budgeting for the Visual Design Studio.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 5+ years of relevant design program management, production or creative operations
- Highly skilled at organizing and planning; you adeptly navigate schedules and budget considerations; and you work in an efficient and productive manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills working with technical and non-technical partners
- Enjoy solving hard problems and can turn incomplete or ambiguous inputs into action plans
- Able to manage multiple partners and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to execute within timelines, and deliver projects on time and on budget.
- You have the highest quality standards and expect the same of those working with you.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and highly creative environment and define complex programs with multiple workstreams.
- Ability to scale up design team processes, communications, and delivery methods.
- Low ego, collaborative, positive attitude, and open-minded
Nice to haves
- Certification in Program Management or Project Management
- Experience working with Design Systems
- Knowledge about Cryptocurrency and Blockchain technology
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.