Staff Product Manager, Security Products (Remote) at Visa
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
The Security Products team at Visa focuses on delivering the fraud detection and prevention solutions that enable every good transaction to be approved, every bad transaction to be declined, all with a seamless customer experience. We are looking for product leaders that are passionate about innovation and developing solutions that help identify and mitigate financial fraud as well as maximize approvals of legitimate transactions.
The Staff Product Manager is a hands-on product management role, focused on the definition and delivery of high-value products in an agile, market driven environment. The Staff Product Manager will work closely with other members of the Data, Security and Identity Global Product team, regional Risk Product teams, technology, and agile project teams to ensure clarity of vision, requirements, and objectives for solutions on our fraud risk platform. This role will work on a breath of fraud risk solutions spanning from Transaction Risk, Compromise Account Risk, and Token Authentication Risk.
We are looking for an individual that pays attention to detail, with a proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines. The successful candidate must have a demonstrated ability to balance business, technical and people skills and the ability to multi-task across complex projects and diverse solution teams.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Regional Product, Client Services, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Risk, Legal, Technology, and others
- Create and execute product roadmap and strategy for Token Authentication and Compromise Account Management Systems products
- Regularly review client landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to expanding product capabilities.
- Define and map business requirements for existing and new products accordingly. Ensure product vision and requirements are designed with scalability and long-term vision in mind.
- Perform the scrum product owner role, including prioritizing features, managing the product backlog, and participating in sprint planning
- Develop product documentation and user training describing features from a user perspective
- Gather data, conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis, and apply data-driven business judgment to surface opportunities, prioritize them and design enhancements.
- Facilitate the sharing of important and relevant business and client information that results in improved decision making and execution.
- Work independently, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional management while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organization.
• 5 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD and a history of delivering results.
• 6 + years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
• Experience and understanding of product development methodologies
• Experience in consumer payments, risk, and enterprise/cyber security software
• Analytical, organized, accurate, and detail-oriented with fact-based consultative discipline
• Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and results driven
• Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions, and manage uncertainty
• Analytical, organized, accurate, resourceful and detail-oriented with fact-based decision-making discipline
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead and inspire teams
• Passionate about what you do and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
• Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Work Location: Hiring location is in Arlington VA, but other Visa US Campus locations may be considered.
Work Hours: Candidate must make themselves available to support clients across global time zones.
Travel Requirements: This position requires the incumbent to travel for work no more than 10% of the time
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.