Web Operations Manager at Tanium (Remote)
The Web Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of www.tanium.com and other web properties. The ideal candidate is experienced in working with enterprise websites, understands technical SEO and web analytics, and takes a process-driven approach to web production.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Tanium websites
- Manage weekly web production tasks
- Partner with the Web team, agency and UX on web projects
- Establish and own process on website tagging, tracking and analytics, leveraging tools like Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
- Work with the Web and Content teams to improve organic search rankings by implementing SEO best practices
- Conduct A/B testing to optimize messaging and CTAs
- Recommend site improvements based on data and conversion optimization best practices
- Partner with Marketing Operations and Global Campaigns teams on website and lead tracking
- Own monthly website reporting and develop a framework for measuring engagement and conversion
- Develop and maintain web SOPs and training documentations
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone who is:
- is process-oriented with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- is adaptable in fast, sometimes ambiguous environment
- BA or BS in in related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in website management or equivalent
- Expertise in Google web products
- Able to demonstrate innovation, successfully tackling challenges in new and creative ways in often-stressful, deadline-intensive environments
Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium protects every team, endpoint, and workflow from cyber threats by integrating IT, Operations, Security, and Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for six consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, the health and safety of our employees and the community are our top priority. In our effort to control the spread of Covid-19, Tanium requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as of their start date, to the extent allowed by applicable law. If you are unable to get the Covid-19 vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief, Tanium will engage in the interactive process and consider requests for an accommodation.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.