VP, GTM Strategy and Planning at Gong (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:48 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, May 12, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Gong unlocks reality to help people and companies reach their full potential. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ empowers customer-facing teams to take advantage of their most valuable assets – customer interactions, which the Gong platform automatically captures and analyzes. Gong then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue and go-to-market teams to determine the best actions for winning outcomes. Thousands of innovative companies like Morningstar Inc., Paychex, LinkedIn, Shopify, Slack, SproutSocial, Twilio, and Zillow trust Gong to power their customer reality. Gong is an award winning company and was recognized on the Inc 5000 (#99), Forbes Cloud 100 (#28), LinkedIn Top Start Ups (#2), and Great Places to Work lists in 2021.
As the VP GTM Strategy & Planning, you will be leading strategy and planning for all Go-to-Market (GTM) strategy. You will report directly to the President & COO and be a member of the GTM leadership team. You will partner closely with the CRO, CCO, and CMO, as well as the CFO and Head of FP&A, as a valued business partner in driving cross-functional, strategic planning and delivering business insights for all GTM functions. You will help drive forward top strategic company and GTM initiatives, and you will play an active role in defining strategic investments that favor the long term and set up Gong for continued success. You will lead multi-year bottoms-up GTM planning, incorporating ARR and Revenue targets, headcount planning, resource allocation, quotas, compensation, etc. You will be deeply involved in creating the strategic vision, goals, and KPIs for each GTM function, helping to formulate and track leading and lagging indicators that will drive profitable growth at scale.
- Partner with President, CRO, Chief Customer Officer, and CMO in driving forward top strategic company and GTM initiatives
- Work with GTM leaders and Finance on annual and multi-year planning cycle, incorporating ARR and Revenue targets, headcount, resource allocation, quotas, compensation, and other bottoms-up planning inputs
- Leading strategy formulation and plans for strategic initiatives, including building determining scope, building project plans, timing, owners, and roles and responsibilities, along with performance metrics to assess progress and success
- Scenario planning based on growth assumptions and levers
- Partner with GTM Operations on quota and territory planning, resourcing for tools and systems, identifying processes to support and accelerate growth and scale
- Developing and tracking metrics, KPIs, and leading and lagging indicators for success.
- Collaborate with Finance and GTM Ops to create, build, and maintain data assets and analysis to manage the business
- Partner with Product Marketing and Product teams on pricing and packaging strategies
- 12+ years of experience in strategy consulting, strategic/corp finance, FP&A, investment banking, or equity research, preferably at either a high-tech or enterprise software company
- Proven business partnership experience with C-suite executives and the demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership to various functions
- Broad business acumen, with a strong strategy and data analytics background
- Strong cross-functional leadership and coordination experience
- Experience working in hyper-growth startup environment, preferable with experience in private, public, and IPO
- Demonstrated ability to balance strategic initiatives and operational execution
- Deep understanding of SaaS sales environment and GTM functions, as well as company and GTM financial metrics
- Extensive annual and complex multi-year planning experience
- Strategic consulting experience, preferred
- Prior FP&A experience, preferred
- MBA preferred
PERKS & BENEFITS
- We offer Gongsters a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans, designed to fit you and your family’s needs.
- For most plans, Gong pays 100% of the premiums for employees and 50% of premiums for dependents.
- 401K program to help you invest in your future.
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development.
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend.
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family.
- Company-wide recharge days each quarter.
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment.
Gong is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.
More Information on Gong
Gong operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Gong was founded in 2015. It has 350 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Friends outside of work, Eat lunch together, Daily sync, Open door policy, Team owned deliverables and Team based strategic planning. To see all 12 open jobs at Gong, click here.
Read Full Job Description