Tier I Tech Support Specialist at Platform Science (Remote)
Who We Are:
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.
We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About the Role:
We are looking for a qualified Technical Support Specialist to join our Customer Success team here in San Diego, CA and assist our customers with technical issues associated with our products and services. Your responsibilities include resolving customer questions, recommending technical solutions and guiding product users through features and functionalities. To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with technical help desk software and express an interest to learn about the transportation IoT industry. Ultimately, you will help establish our reputation as a company that offers excellent customer support during Pilot tests and after-sales installs and diagnostics.
*Shift schedule is Sunday-Thursday 4am to 12:30pm PT*
What You'll Do:
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues using tools provided.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including heavy android application support
- Track calls to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk customers through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. Tier 2, manager or other)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers and log cases in Salesforce
- Document technical knowledge in the form of Knowledge Base articles within Salesforce
- Maintain courteous and professional relationships with clients
- Analyze and report product malfunctions (for example, by testing different scenarios or impersonating users)
- Update our internal databases with information about technical issues and useful discussions with customers
- Share feature requests and effective workarounds with team members
- Gather customer feedback and document using company tools
What you bring to the table:
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Representative, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar experience
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (eg. Salesforce)
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Experience using help desk software and remote support tools
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Flexibility to potentially work shift hours
What will make you stand out:
- Familiarity with the IoT/Telematics industry
- Salesforce experience
- Excellent customer support skills
Platform Science Benefits Highlights:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (some plans for employees are 100% covered by Platform Science)
- Generous paid time off and company holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k matching
- Investment in your professional growth in the company