Strategic Events Specialist at Credit Karma (Charlotte, NC)
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
As Strategic Events Specialist, you support the team to success across multiple programs strategically, technically and creatively. You lead and execute the event strategy at our East Coast headquarters based in Charlotte, North Carolina, while supporting the broader organization – all tying back to team and company goals. You are focused on effective experience communications as well as managing the events aligned with our brand story, company values and culture.
Reporting directly to the Director of Strategic Events, this position will work cross-functionally with internal leads including employees, executive leadership, vendors and external stakeholders. Additionally, this position manages timelines, budgets, projects and tracks of all events.
What you’ll do:
- Manage operations and logistics for company events and meetings, including but not limited to team building, office events, employee appreciation and special events
- Work closely with leadership to understand event goals and objectives that promote fun,memorable experiences that carry the culture forward
- Establish and adhere to event budgets
- Process contracts and payments for event vendors while working closely with our legal, procurement and accounts payable teams
- Conduct site visits and vendor meetings
- Maintain a flexible schedule to attend events and provide onsite support as the primary contact for employee guests and vendors
- Manage communications including save-the-dates, invitations, reminders, attendance and communicate revisions to vendors accordingly
- Manage, track and monitor event timelines and milestones to ensure deadlines are met
- Work closely with the finance team regarding insurance and payments
- Assist in expense reporting
- Responsible for the venue search for all events including the request for proposal (RFP), reporting and final decision making
What we are looking for:
- 3-4 years event planning experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills pre-event, onsite and within the team
- Confident decision maker, with guidance
- Experience preparing presentations using google slides
- Pays close attention to the details, is consistent and sees things through to evaluation
- Some travel is required
What we would like to see:
- Project management experience
- Start-up or non-profit experience a plus
- Airtable, Asana, and Mailchimp experience
- Strength with calendar management and communications
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)