Sr. Manager, Metadata Management at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Leadership position focused on driving Metadata Management at Enterprise scale. Serves as responsible party for setting standards for metadata and lineage while creating governance and monitoring methodology, incorporating adaptive governance principles to ensure maximized return on effort.
- Manages, coaches, and develops team members
- Reports progress and status to management
- Supports data management initiatives and enforces data management standards
- Partners with the business and technology teams to complete business initiatives
- Provides thought leadership into data culture implementation with a focus on metadata and lineage capture, curation and maintenance
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 6+ years of experience Data Management, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 15+ years of experience in Data Modeling, Data Governance, Data Analytics, Data Management. 5+ years of work experience in leading a technical team with focus on project delivery, work experience in staff management (i.e., delegation, hire, fire, performance evaluations, mentoring, motivating, coaching, development, etc.).
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Information Management, Data Analysis, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.