Senior Inventory Manager at Palo Alto Networks (Remote)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable individual to support the various tactical planning
and analytical needs of the Operations-Inventory Management team. This hands-on position will be responsible for managing various planning models, processes, reporting, analytics and metrics that support our Inventory Management
function. This individual will need to collaborate with members of Finance, Supply Chain, Planning, Suppliers, Internal Audit, Service Logistics, Repair and Quality Engineering to achieve all objectives. The position will report to the Sr.
Inventory Manager in Supply Chain Operations group.
- Own key inventory metrics, reporting and analytics – take on Inventory Management reporting and help
- create/drive automation
- Support physical inventory process
- Create and maintain monthly Inventory management reviews (Liability reporting, finance commentary)
- Managing spares depot inventory excess and scrap activities
- Manage depot inventory refresh process with logistics and repair team
- Run End of Life, Last Time Buy and Build models as well as other planning and analytics models
- Develop/Implement strategic “Inventory Excellence” Programs impacting holistic buffering, proactive E&O
- mitigation, End of Sale (EOSale) & End of Support (EOSupport) inventory reporting/mitigation
- Cleanup of Aging/Obsolete owned inventory at suppliers
- Integration on new business (M&A) and develop/implement new processes based on new Supply Chain Design
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 10+ years in a related Supply Chain, Inventory, Finance or Data Analyst role.
- Strong attention to detail; problem solving capabilities will be critical for success in the role.
- Experience with statistical analysis tools and strong mathematical aptitude.
- Knowledge of tools including SAP (or similar ERP), Tableau, Google suite, Excel.
- Prefer to have SQL and Anaplan experience
- Proactive self-starter with ability to deal with changing priorities and environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to develop relationships and work in a team environment
- Ability to sort through ambiguity and work sometimes undefined role
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer, the starting salary (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) is expected to be between $132,800/yr - $195,200/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.