Senior Cloud FinOps Manager (Remote) at Couchbase
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:20 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, February 16, 2022
Couchbase is looking for an experienced cloud financial operations leader to build our cloud cost management capability within our Cloud organization. This position reports to the Director of Pricing & Business Operations and will play an instrumental role in the creation and cross-functional execution of key initiatives to understand, track, and optimize cloud spend.
- Analyze and allocate cloud hosting costs across various internal teams through developing a comprehensive cloud resource tagging strategy
- Drive visibility and accountability of cloud spend by measuring efficiency, performing trend & variance analysis, and forecasting future usage and costs
- Improve real-time decision making by proactively identifying cost anomalies and creating budget/usage alerts
- Optimize cloud spend by managing commitment-based discounts, volume discounts, usage-based discounts, and resource rightsizing
- Deep understanding of public cloud vendor offerings and billing (AWS, GCP and Azure)
- 3+ years of experience as a cloud financial operations leader; experience managing cloud spend for a SaaS company a plus
- Experience optimizing cloud spend through commitment-based discounts, volume discounts and usage discounts
- Familiarity with 3rd party financial management tools to monitor and analyze cloud costs (e.g. Cloudability, CloudHealth) and cloud vendor tools like AWS Cost Explorer, GCP Billing Reports, and Azure Cost Management and Billing
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with a distributed team across multiple time zones in a remote capacity
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, Finance or equivalent. Master’s degree a plus
- Ability to synthesize large data sets and apply analytic frameworks for insights. Experience with common BI tools (Tableau or Power BI) and analytical tools like SQL and Python a plus
- Self-starter with strong sense of ownership, initiative and work ethic
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers a high-performance, flexible and scalable modern database that runs across the data center and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on.
As a 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work winner, Couchbase recognizes the need for time off when you need it. Enjoy unlimited time off (DTO), matching 401K contributions, ESPP and many other amazing benefits. See more of our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
Learn more about Couchbase and our technical capabilities:
* Compare Couchbase vs. MongoDB
* Compare Couchbase vs. Oracle
* Browse the Developer Portal
Couchbase is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance our Candidate Privacy Notice.
More Information on Couchbase
Couchbase operates in the Database industry. The company is located in Santa Clara, CA and San Francisco, CA. Couchbase was founded in 2009. It has 700 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 28 open jobs at Couchbase, click here.
Read Full Job Description