RN, Mobile Integrated Care at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
- Rapidly deploy to members’ homes in response to urgent requests for medical, behavioral health and social needs
- Provide high-quality, person-centered, integrated physical, behavioral and social care to high-risk individuals in their homes
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary community-based team under the direction of experienced mid-level providers and physicians to rapidly respond to the acute and acute-on-chronic needs of Cityblock members
- Utilize Cityblock’s custom-built care facilitation platform, which will enable you to collect data, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with staff, patients, and family
Requirements for the Role:
- RN with an active license to practice in the state in which you are seeking employment with Cityblock.
- 2+ years of clinical experience as a RN, preferably in an Emergency Room setting. Experience in a primary care or home health setting also a bonus.
- Strong critical thinking skills, excellent communication skills, and strong management of complex clinical issues, providing effective handoffs and ensuring loop-closure
- Experience and credibility to identify holistic opportunities to deliver clinical and social impact for each member you interact with
- Ability to adapt and operate in a fast-paced, evolving work environment
- A reputation for delivering excellent clinical service with follow-through and diligence
- Strong, proven analytical skills, and aptitude for learning new technologies
- A deep commitment to transforming health and social care for vulnerable populations
How We Define Success:
- Response rate
- Decrease unnecessary hospitalizations, emergency room visits, and unnecessary speciality referrals
- Clinical assessment skills and patient care skills
- Satisfaction of patient and referring clinician
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- You have experience working in a fast-growing startup environment.
- You have experience working in EMS as an EMT or Paramedic.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read: