The Risk Management Advisor evaluates individual risks against corporate standards to determine acceptability and proper placement. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a high performing underwriting team and to work with cross functional business partners and develop meaningful relationships with our agents and other underwriting teams.
- Monitoring quality and profit trends in auto and property books of business, take actions as needed.
- Engage various business partners to achieve division and corporate growth and profit goals.
- Evaluate profit, growth, and quality trends in state and agency books of business.
- Determine appropriate actions at state and agency levels.
- Implement agency and state portfolio management programs to improve overall book performance.
- Support the pricing function by including risk management techniques in conjunction with or in the place of rate actions.
- Regular interaction with field partners in support of overall growth and profit strategies.
- Bachelors' Degree of equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years insurance experience
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice