Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Manager, Extraction & Refinement works closely with the Production Management team run the Extraction department, (ethanol, hydrocarbon, and solvent less). The Extraction Lab Manager is responsible for creating and executing a well-planned and organized Production Schedule, as well as maintaining a safe and compliant lab.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Supervise and train extraction/refinement teams in extracting oil from flower products using various solvent/solvent-less methods, to include hydrocarbon, CO2, alcohol, manipulations of heat & pressure
- Delivers expected KPI results consistently: Quality, Cost, Outputs, In Stock Levels, Schedule Compliance, Safety, and Engagement
- Implements and champions Continuous Improvement initiatives including but not limited to: 5S, LEAN, Leader Standard Work, Visual Factory Tools, Labor and Yield Studies, Hourly Tracking, Process and Value Stream Mapping, and Quality at Source
- Works directly with other departments as needed to establish, develop, and enforce the highest standard of Quality Control
- Create production schedules for Distillate, Concentrates, all extractable oil to maintain inventory as well as ensure accurate recordkeeping logs
- Collaborate with Facilities/Maintenance department to source and maintain equipment for extraction and refinement methods to efficiently scale processes to meet changing demands; ensure associates are properly trained to handle and maintain equipment for various methods of extraction and refinement
- Develops leadership and technical skills with engaging, situational-based training; acts as a mentor and nurtures professional development
- Research, develop and implement any new processes, packaging or equipment as needed; utilizes consultants when necessary
- Works closely with HR Business Partner(s) on Employee Relations matters; delivers Performance Reviews and Corrective Actions as well as providing frequent coaching and feedback
- Ensures compliance with food safety and sanitation requirements; keeping staff certifications up to date, and maintaining Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Experience handling solvents
- Food Manager Certification (Serv Safe)
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook (Excel, Teams, OneNote, etc.), Google Drive and inventory management systems
- 5+ years’ Management experience in high-volume food manufacturing facility and/or production or manufacturing facility
- HAACP Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Experience managing a controlled workflow in a fast-paced environment
- Manufacturing and Packaging environment.
- Requires the ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, and consistent attention to detail for 10+ hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, lift and stoop continuously.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. unassisted and up to 80 lbs. assisted.
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.