Invoice and Expense Coordinator at F&G (Des Moines, IA)
The Invoice and Expense Coordinator will be accountable for the review and processing of Retail budget center invoices and expense accruals. The Coordinator will also be responsible for proactively managing creation of manual purchase orders to relevant vendor invoices to expedite payment of vendor expenses. Additionally, collaborating with the Business Planning Office and Finance to maintain appropriate business approval chains that comply with company Scheme of Delegated Authority Summary (SODA).
This position reports directly to the VP of Retail Business Planning and will work closely with the Retail teams to provide daily support of invoice coordination - including breaking down expenses by project and/or department, securing approvals and reviewing adherence to contracts. In addition, interaction with vendors and Finance to set up vendors for payment, follow up on payments and create purchase order agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for invoice processing and purchase order creation as it is relevant.
- Manage and maintain the Retail and Ops Billing inbox, ensuring all emails are responded to timely and filed away when complete.
- Act as a primary point of advice, support and guidance to invoice coding, working with Budget Center Managers.
- Coordinate with vendors for initial setup and answer vendor billing questions.
- Maintain inputs for monthly vendor accruals according to contracts and services rendered.
- Review and validate purchases and labor tracking to allow for proper coding of expenses based on expense type and cost recognition (i.e. capitalization, deferrable asset, annual licenses).
- Research all discrepancies and monitor common errors to work to resolve.
- Support training and coaching users on invoice receipting, coding and processing.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (Finance, PMO, IT) on improving invoice processing and Purchase Order (PO) creation based on best practices.
- Evaluate automation opportunities for invoicing and PO creation.
- Provide analytics for problem solving on inaccurate invoices.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills with attention to details, and listening/critical thinking skills.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Associate degree or four years of related experience.
- Financial Services knowledge; insurance industry preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel to include pivot tables and VLookup is needed.
- Familiarity with contracts, purchase orders and accruals.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and business writing skills.
- Problem solving and inquisitive thinker.
- Organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Experience using invoicing tools such as Coupa.
- Strong self-starter, with the ability to liaise effectively across numerous stakeholder groups at various levels.
- Have experience in developing & analyzing data and reporting.
#INDHP#Li - Remote
F&G believes in an employee-centric flexible environment, which is why we offer the ability for in-office, hybrid and remote work arrangements. During the hiring process, you'll work with your leader to decide what works best for your role.
Join our employee-centric hybrid work environment: fglife.com/about/culture.html
Since 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G) has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life’s unexpected events.
As an Iowa Top Workplace1 and a proud equal opportunity employer, F&G employees are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while continuing to be a great place to work.
1Des Moines Register Top Workplaces 2018-2021.