Information Security Training Manager at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing the information security awareness training program for Circle employees
- Analyzing and understanding the information security training needs for the company
- Participating in security team projects where appropriate
What you'll work on:
- Design, rollout and manage role-based information security awareness training program materials
- Evaluate training materials from vendors, and choose appropriate content for inclusion in our training program
- Work with training vendors to customize materials as necessary
- Design and build custom training content
- Continuously update training program materials as the company continues to grow and evolve
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and use good judgment to establish an order of priorities on the fly
- Familiarity with standards such as ISO 27001/27002 or the NIST Cybersecurity Framework is desirable
- Experience training others on application security topics including the OWASP Top 10
- Familiarity with privacy regulations such as GDPR and CCPA
- Certifications such as CISSP or similar will receive favorable consideration but are not required
- Experience deploying learning content to an LMS is strongly preferred
- Experience working on applications deployed within AWS desirable
- Ability to lead small to medium, multidisciplinary projects.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, cybersecurity or related field; Equivalent experience also accepted
- Minimum of 7 years of information security experience
- Prior experience rolling out enterprise-wide training programs is strongly preferred
- Experience teaching instructor-led training courses is desirable
- Experience designing & building e-learning courses is strongly preferred
- Some software development experience is desirable to provide context for rolling out training to engineers
- Experience working in financial services or financial technology desired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote