Head of Title Operations at Compass (Remote)
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass we see Title & Escrow as an opportunity to add tremendous value to our agents (our customers) and their clients - and on this team, you will personally play a material role in driving our success. As the Head of Title Operations at Compass, you are a talented professional who is passionate about introducing technology to the real estate industry. Working directly with the President of Title & Escrow, you will help to build and scale our Title & Escrow business through end to end, from integrating newly acquired partner companies to scaling and streamlining operations for revenue growth and profitability. You will also ensure operational excellence among our Title and Escrow Companies while owning responsibility for driving operational initiatives that drive our business outcomes.
What you will do:
- Lead cross-functional operations initiatives to ensure business success and seamless support for Compass Title and Escrow Companies.
- Provide leadership to operators of the T&E Companies and have direct management responsibility for support initiatives across the portfolio of companies.
- Work closely with Strategy, Attach and Brokerage Operations Teams to drive key strategic decisions and ensure successful implementation of all business critical growth initiatives.
- Partner with the Attach Team and Regional Operations Leadership to ensure timely feedback on service delivery issues and successes to ensure the business continues to drive increased customer adoption.
- Model and continually improve metrics and KPIs, setting priorities and driving continuous improvement against results and targets.
- Spearhead initiatives to improve the experience for our T&E Companies and Customers by evaluating the effectiveness of current practices and analyzing data and results.
- Build and implement a shared support model for select business functions (Transaction Operations, HR, Marketing, etc.) that can be leveraged at scale across the T&E companies.
- Develop robust and scalable infrastructure (including opening new offices) that will allow us to easily expand our T&E operating company footprint across all Compass markets.
- Develop tools and processes to drive fiscal discipline and accountability (in conjunction with the Financial Operations Team) with Revenue, EBITA and GPM Goals.
- Act as the single point of accountability in handling complex customer escalation ensuring issues are acknowledged and resolved thoroughly with a repeatable feedback process.
Who you are:
- 6-8+ years of experience in business operations, business development, marketing or management consulting. Title Industry preferred not required..
- Experience building and influencing relationships with C-suite executives and key cross-functional leaders.
- Proficiency managing growing teams and developing employees while overseeing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to “see around corners”, diagnosing and treating issues before they boil over.
- Strong strategic planning and management skills.
- Ability to empower and inspire the collective team.
- Data driven, solutions-oriented decision maker with strong analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent communicator who can effectively manage multiple stakeholders with a natural ability to connect with others.
- Agile and organized working style to manage and consistently prioritize key initiatives.
- Creative problem-solving abilities and a glass-half-full mentality.
- Passion to help build the future of real estate.
Notice for California Applicants