Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
Ensuring that Visa’s payment technology is truly available to everyone, everywhere requires the ongoing success and resilience of our partner financial institutions and third party agents, as well as internal business units. Visa takes operational resilience seriously, internally with our business units and technology, as well as externally with our partners and vendors.
The Director, Operational Resilience – Ecosystem Resilience is a part of the Operational Resilience team within Global Risk, with responsibility to design and implement insights and drive initiatives that continually improve the resilience of our external partners. In this role you will collaborate closely with the Senior Director, Operational Resilience and other Global Risk teams, Regional Risk Officers and their teams, and Client Services. You will use your strategic planning, business analysis, and in-depth knowledge of the payment services industry to drive exceptional ecosystem resilience for Visa, our clients, and the merchant and cardholder experience. You will be hands-on building, process engineering, data mining and analyzing, modeling, influencing, and innovating.
Key responsibilities include:
Owns leadership of the ecosystem resilience model, considering all sides of the challenge and opportunities to design, implement, and support the best solution; and to evolve the solution as the ecosystem evolves
Clearly and confidently communicate with senior leaders to establish partnerships with functions in Operational Resilience, Global Risk, Regional Risk, Client Services, Legal, and Communications to develop the best solution, drive adoption, influence for optimal results and ongoing increasing program thought leadership
Drive the program across Risk, Client Services, Legal, and other teams in support of the program, executive expectations and tolerance, and our clients
Drive analytics for the ecosystem resilience domain, inspiring vison on the ‘what’ and the ‘how’
Use your in-depth skills in the industry/risk domain to design, lead, and mentor your partners about ecosystem resilience
Use your extensive payment industry knowledge of issuers, acquirers, and/or merchant payment services to innovate and evolve ecosystem resilience, considering emerging risks and industry trends
Apply your comprehensive understanding of global financial institution/payment processor regulation, and challenges related to regulation, technology, governance and globalization to maintain a win-win for ecosystem resilience constituents
This position can be based in Foster City, CA; Miami, FL; Ashburn, VA, or Highlands Ranch, CO; Atlanta, GA; or Austin, TX. May include up to 20% travel.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD.
• 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
• Master’s degree encouraged in Business and Organizational Resilience. Preferred studies include Political Science, Business Administration, Emergency Management or Law.
• CBCP/MBCP certification preferred or equivalent experience in operational resilience disciplines
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant and proven risk management and/or operational resilience experience
• Expert customer relationship abilities to drive mutually win/win situations for both Visa and the clients
• Excellent and demonstrated of effective team leadership capability in a matrix organization
• Practical success in strategy development and implementation of automated workflows leveraging technology
• Advanced interpersonal and indirect influencing skills, with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence of individuals at multiple organizational levels, including senior leadership
• Advanced understanding of complex data management
• A self-starter; high level of personal initiative, creativity and self-motivation
• High verbal, written and presentation skills
• Ability to work in fast-paced, rapidly changing, and high pressured environment
COLORADO APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position in Colorado is 113,800 USD to 147,900 USD. Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity.
Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position is eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.