Director of Lifecycle and Retention at 1-800Accountant (Remote)
We are seeking a creative, analytical and results-oriented Director of Lifecycle and Retention to build an activation and retention marketing function from the ground up! In this role you will own the development of the customer journey, often choosing to define specific landmarks in the journey, overcome roadblocks and execute programs that push for deeper engagement with customers to increase revenue and retention.
This role is apt for an individual who loves to think critically, is comfortable with data, and understands the impact of the programs you manage. You will have a relentless curiosity and drive to iterate, test, tweak, scrap, or scale new programs and have the growth mindset to continually explore opportunities for improving customer engagement.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will be given the opportunity to guide all of our customers through a customized journey across a variety of owned communication channels. By delivering messaging that is personalized, actionable, and on-brand, you will turn new leads into life-long customers.
Who we are at 1-800 Accountant:
At 1-800 Accountant, we believe in using business as a force for good. We are defining a new accounting services model to help business owners navigate the new economy. We combine technology with a dedicated accountant to serve the needs of start-ups, entrepreneurs and small businesses by providing extraordinary service at an affordable price. Our team helps business owners focus on the passion they have for their business while helping them with their finances creating a collaborative effort to help their business thrive.
What does the Job Entail?
- Create and lead the strategic planning, development and implementation of our holistic retention and lifecycle marketing initiatives
- Conceptualize, develop, and optimize marketing programs, including lifecycle trigger programs and large scale campaigns, while ensuring that communication is personalized and optimized in a holistic and customer-focused way to drive growth
- Establish organized A/B testing processes and execute to test creative design, content, targeting capabilities, and channels to improve customer experience
- Establish and own retention goals, budget, and KPIs and lead efforts to create, maintain and improve analysis and reporting related to member engagement, retention, and churn
- Evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels (web, social, and strategic partners) and turn learnings into actionable next steps
- Partner with Analytics, Operations, Product, Engineering, Support, other Marketing and Sales teams to create a lifecycle marketing experience that activates and retains customers with the purpose to increase lifetime value, grow the brand, drive revenue and increase engagement
- Works collaboratively with key stakeholders and business owners to ensure efforts are driving impact beyond program-specific measurements.
- Collaborate on content strategy and drive the content creation process, working cross-functionally with other members of the marketing team and design team to move projects forward.
- Ensure flawless technical execution of email programs through ongoing, detailed review and testing, ensuring maximum deliverability and mitigation of risk.
- Lead the evolution of our marketing capabilities by identifying opportunities to grow through technological innovation and process efficiency
- Leverage other paid, owned, and earned media channels/programs to increase brand loyalty and engagement in retention programs.
- Manage a high-performing team of marketers and ensure their continued development and growth within the organization
- 5+ years experience developing profitable retention marketing programs and exceeding performance and revenue targets
- Passion for customer experience and increasing the value of customers
- A self-starter who is excited about building new programs and can thrive without much direction
- Experience working with Salesforce and Marketo preferred
- Understanding of essential performance drivers and experience turning insights into successful tactics
- Comfortable analyzing data and making it actionable to a wide variety of audiences and learning-types.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, relationship building, teamwork, and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
Why Join Us?
- We’ve worked diligently to create an energetic, high-achieving, and zero-ego team culture that is truly unlike anywhere else––you can feel the positive energy from your first interview.
- Good ideas can come from anywhere, and we’ve created a work environment to facilitate hyper-collaboration and inspiration-sharing.
- We value employee engagement and teamwork as a critical component to our business
- Our goal is to nurture internal talent and create opportunities for growth and promotion, and we firmly believe that when one team member succeeds, we all succeed.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Dependent Care
- 401K with employer match
- Work with the country’s largest virtual accounting firm
- Work with cutting edge technology
- Join an engaging community of like-minded individuals
1-800Accountant is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. 1-800Accountant’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.