Director of Institutional Partnerships at Zipline (Remote)
Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
About you and the role
Zipline is looking for a development professional with an entrepreneurial mindset to join our Global Health Partnerships team as the Director of Institutional Partnerships. As the lead for Zipline’s USAID contract revenue vertical, you will focus on tracking and securing global health supply chain contracts. You will set the strategy, grow relationships within USAID and prime contracting partners, build and manage proposal teams capable of developing high-quality partnerships and delivering winning proposals in response to large USAID procurements, and grow USAID contracting revenue to further drive Zipline’s global expansion, providing access to vital medical supplies around the world.
What you’ll do
- Lead Zipline’s overall USAID contract revenue vertical – from initial capture strategy to winning IDIQs and subsequent task orders – including managing its USAID capture strategy, developing and actively managing a pipeline of USAID contract revenue opportunities, stewarding relationships with USAID and prime contractors, and tracking business intelligence needed to develop winning proposals and secure revenue through primes once proposals are awarded
- Oversee proposal development for USAID contracts, which will include assembling teams of expert consultants that can identify competitive consortia, negotiating roles for Zipline on winning teams, managing internal proposal collaborators, coordinating proposal development internally and externally, writing proposals, developing competitive pricing strategies, and ensuring on-time submission of competitive, compliant proposals
- Create and continuously foster effective working relationships with USAID staff, prime contractors, and subcontractors
- Effectively communicate the benefits of Zipline’s service to prospective partners and evolve Zipline’s positioning with these stakeholders ahead of targeted procurements
- Be a champion for Zipline: build our market reputation and position Zipline for continued success within the aid organization ecosystem
- Actively develop technical expertise in global health supply chain management and institutional aid and share information and best practices within Zipline
- Thoroughly understand interdependent aspects of Zipline’s business, including aviation, fulfillment operations, health systems integration, regulatory compliance, and value to government partners
- Grow and scale Zipline’s Institutional Partnerships function as needed to fulfill business objectives
What you’ll bring
- 8+ year track record of winning multi-million dollar contracts from the USG (preferably for Global Health Supply Chain)
- Proven ability to assemble and manage contractors to deliver winning bids
- Successful experience building new business as a subcontractor to primes, or experience building effective partnerships with subcontractors while working for a prime
- Experience creating new business units/portfolios within an organization
- Experience planning, executing, and successfully managing complex projects involving large organizations
- Collaborative approach that includes working with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to drive stakeholder mapping, develop relationships with C-level external stakeholders, and maintain a network of relationships to promote strong external partnerships
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, including ability to write competitive proposals
- Entrepreneurial mindset, creativity, self-sufficiency, and adaptability
Ability to travel: ~30%
Location: Washington, D.C. or remote
What else you need to know
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!