PayIt is a fast-growing GovTech company on a mission to bring governments and people closer together through our award-winning, SaaS platform.
When PayIt started, it was difficult (or just plain impossible) to renew a Driver’s License or pay a court ticket in a mobile, quick, or convenient way. PayIt, along with our award-winning government partners, has made processes like going to the DMV or to a county courthouse, one that you can do right from your smartphone or computer. Since then, PayIt has been building an entire business toolkit for local and state government agencies while simplifying doing business with government agencies by consolidating hundreds of services and payments into one connected experience for citizens. Meanwhile, through our secure cloud-based platform, we have reduced friction for the everyday citizen, making digital government services accessible, equitable, and efficient.
We recently received a large growth investment in August 2022 and are well funded, we have picked up awards from Forbes, FAST Design (alongside McDonald’s and Nike), our CEO has won EY Entrepreneur of the Year award, and we have been recognized as a leader in our industry as a GovTech 100 the past six years in a row.
Location: Full-time flex remote (Austin, KC, Toronto, Remote)
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Director of End-User Acquisition Marketing is a critical link between PayIt, our clients, and the consumers who use PayIt to transact with government agencies. Working in close partnership with our client success managers, the Director of End User Acquisition enables government agencies to deliver a transformed customer experience by designing and executing consumer campaigns to grow end-user adoption. This is a great opportunity to do creative and exciting marketing work while delivering on a compelling mission at a company with a fantastic culture.
The selected candidate will bring significant experience in designing, executing, and measuring multi-channel consumer marketing campaigns, and has the people skills required to build trusted relationships and effectively advise our clients. They will have a passion for our mission to modernize government interactions and are energized by enabling our customers to exceed their goals.
- Lead a team responsible for delivery end-user adoption marketing that yields significant increases in new users of PayIt
- Conduct direct discovery with our clients to understand their adoption goals, channels of communication, brand presentation, and unique challenges
- Act as a trusted advisor on effective campaign strategies, messaging, branding, and channel selection that fit the client agency’s budget and resource constraints
- Set aside jargon and marketing speak so our non-marketer customers and internal teams readily understand the key principles of acquisition marketing and how specific tactics contribute to the achievement of their goals
- Build the relationships required to secure alignment on campaign briefs, prompt and actionable feedback, and allocation of needed resources from client organizations
- Coach, manage, and develop a small team that will grow as PayIt grows and client campaign requirements increase
- Design and implement processes to ensure high quality, on-time delivery, budget adherence, and balance capacity
- Report campaign results and help sell in optimizations and follow-on tactics and programs
- Serve as a key member of the marketing leadership team, helping us achieve our overall growth objectives as a business and from time to time, contribute to our B2G brand awareness and demand generation programs with hands-on work
- Ensure that campaigns meet high standards for accessibility
Attributes, Experience and Skills
- Expert relationship skills - you work effectively with clients to build trust, ensure alignment, overcome objections, and unlock collaboration (come prepared with examples)
- At least 5 years of experience in an agency environment driving acquisition for consumer brands, with at least 3 years client-facing experience as an account executive, creative, or project manager. Some public sector or nonprofit client experience is preferred
- Command of one or more marketing practitioner skills: messaging, copywriting, design, digital advertising, video production, or social media campaigns
- Command of a wide range of campaign modalities and their ideal uses — even if you are not an expert in all of them — social and influencer marketing, digital and out-of-home advertising, direct mail, event activations, web, email marketing, earned media, etc.
- Strong “test-and-learn” orientation to campaign design and optimization, as well as command of key metrics such as conversion rates, CAC, and ROI
- Demonstrated ability to learn the business drivers and dynamics of PayIt and that of the clients we serve
- You are a culture amplifier and force multiplier in everything you do - your contributions will make PayIt an even better place to work and help the people around you grow
- You embody a “no job too big or too small” attitude - you are ready to roll up your sleeves in a lean, scrappy team while also operating strategically
Why Work For Us:
- Our most important resource is our people. We value your feedback and have a unique environment where collaboration and bottom-up feedback about the problems we are solving is critical to our daily success.
- Saving someone’s day is a rewarding way to spend yours. We tackle complex challenges that are interesting to solve, and directly impact the lives of our neighbors, friends and ourselves.
- We know how to have fun and work toward something bigger than ourselves.
- Competitive salaries along with an excellent benefits package.
- Flexible and friendly work environment. We offered flexible working arrangements long before a global pandemic forced other companies to adapt.
- We believe our culture permeates throughout our product and service, so it’s one of a customer-first mindset.
- We’ll provide all the resources you need to do your best work.
What We Care About:
High aptitude, high integrity people who are great communicators and want to be part of a growing team. We’re about openness, integrity, accessibility and great communication.
The usability of our products, sharing of ideas across teams, and commitment to the cities, counties, and states we serve are values.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
PayIt is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
PayIt is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an email to the People Operations Team and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
NOTE: U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
To all recruitment agencies: PayIt does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers’ alias, PayIt employees or any other company location. PayIt is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Stay Up To Date On everything: Follow Us On Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Within the parameters of this position, ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, and exercise due care of, company, client, and citizen data that is stored, processed, and transmitted by and for PayIt, as outlined in PayIt’s Business Code of Conduct and Information Security Policies.