We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As a new team within the Customer Experience Ecosystem org, the CX Blockchain Operations team will be the driving force that will power the broader crypto ecosystem including Coinbase products that serve a wide breadth of customers including businesses, creators, developers, merchants and more. It will evolve into a key competitive advantage for the company, serving both internal customers and new entrants into the broader cryptoeconomy. This is an operational function focused on delivering world class support to build the most trusted and respected CX team in the industry.
Read more about our values and culture here.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Provide thought leadership to build and strengthen Coinbase’s muscle in supporting the broader crypto ecosystem, translating technical blockchain concepts and competencies into services that facilitate adoption within the industry and across vertical segments.
- Provide strategy, oversight and expertise from the protocol to application level by non-exhaustively supporting the following functions: cold storage operations, technical blockchain support and innovative CX technologies to support the Web3 landscape.
- Engage directly with technical and non-technical stakeholders and customers to enable the usage of blockchain to solve for complex support challenges.
- Ensure there is top talent in every seat by effectively hiring, managing and developing a global, crypto-forward team.
- Define and deliver on organizational-level OKR’s and operational success metrics (resolution, CSAT, quality, etc), enabling operational excellence across all aspects of the customer journey.
- Drive process improvement initiatives across workflows, policies and tooling that improve quality and efficiency of work.
- Partner across all teams within the broader CX organization, ensuring coverage of key focus areas including analytics, content, quality, technology, training and voice of the customer.
- Utilize an in-depth understanding of metrics and reporting, including the introduction of new data points and methods for measuring social sentiment.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 10+ years of experience in financial services, technology and/or customer support
- 5+ years of people management experience
- 2+ years in blockchain, crypto, Web3
- Strong judgement and eye for detail
- Ability to leveraging data to guide decision making and influence stakeholders
- Highly flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth, fast paced organization.
- Travel requirements up to 5% to Coinbase offices and vendor locations based on business need.
Nice to haves:
- In-depth experience with blockchain protocols and cold storage processes
- Advanced experience in project management, analytics and/or quality assurance.
- Advanced degree in business, finance, customer experience and/or blockchain.
- Advanced understanding, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $225,250 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.