Deployment Manager - Europe at BetterUp (Remote)
Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
This Deployment Manager will be a critical member of the Post Sales team, serving as the lead on deployment projects for BetterUp’s new customer launches. This person will directly contribute to BetterUp’s mission by ensuring these deployments launch with velocity and quickly reach a critical mass of user activations. Success in this role involves not only launching successful projects but delighting customers with a seamless experience where their programs are organized in a way that leads to their desired business outcomes. We need a critical thinker that can identify opportunities to improve the program and come up with solutions to said opportunities. Beyond the classic project manager skills of collaboration and organization, the ability to influence customers to take action and to hold them accountable to those actions will be a key skill to succeed in this role. This role will report to the Director of Deployment Management.
What you'll do:
- Serve as project lead for initial customer launches and ongoing deployment management.
- Lead multiple projects by prioritizing and managing conflicts of schedule and resources.
- Guide customers to success by consulting on best practices and making recommendations specific to their context.
- Collaborate with both external customer stakeholders as well as internal cross-functional teams.
- Be a functional product expert in the BetterUp platform.
- Ensure customers launch with momentum to accelerate adoption.
- Manage project plans by providing progress updates and other necessary documentation to external and internal stakeholders
- Identify, manage, report, and escalate on project risks.
- Work with customers to set appropriate project expectations, address customer goals, determine target dates, manage customer tasks, and provide regular project updates.
- Enable customers with the tools and understanding they need of the BetterUp platform to successfully deploy and manage their programs.
- Identify opportunities to improve and scale deployment operations.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Ability to stay organized when multi-tasking across several client launches simultaneously.
- Ability to balance operational and client-facing tasks to ensure successful execution
- Manage customer expectations while maintaining a spirit of accountability, partnership, and flexibility.
- Ability to lead without authority and drive decision making.
- Experience analyzing data to monitor and assess deployment health.
- Flexible work hours to accommodate customers across a range of geographies and timezones.
- If you get excited about the idea of turning a process from “good” to “great”.
- Someone with high EQ who can easily build rapport and connect with a variety of people. Excellent spoken and written communication skills are a must.
- Experience with HR processes (particularly L&D or Talent Management/Development) is a plus, but not required.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.