Customer Service Rep at Chewy (Dallas, TX)
Do you have an infectious personality and a desire to engage in meaningful conversations while helping others? If you answered yes, this might be the purr-fect role for you!
Chewy is revolutionizing the pet industry as one of the fastest-growing e-commerce retailers of all time. We are seeking a full-time, motivated Customer Service Representative to join our award-winning customer service organization. Starting wage is $15.00 an hour with endless growth opportunities!
We are not looking for order-takers or script-readers – we’re searching for those who can engage with our customers and think critically to help the customer find the right products, set up their accounts, track down orders and get creative with solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Engage directly with customers through multiple channels (inbound phone calls, chats, email), who contact us for many topics. They range from helping them shop for their new pet to finding that perfect chew toy or even problem-solving when something doesn’t go as planned.
- Research and problem-solve to determine appropriate solutions for customers, think proactively and set follow-ups as needed to ensure contact resolution.
- Operate with understanding, utilize active listening, patience, empathy, and kindness to customers and Team Members alike.
- Operate with a willingness to learn. We give feedback, we get feedback, and operate in a culture of being open-minded to grow.
What You’ll Need
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and listening) in a written assessment
- Ability to multi-task (e.g., maintain several live chat conversations while navigating on the computer and taking notes) and perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in using computers, both for data entry, as well as for rapid navigation through systems and the internet to search for information to help support our customers
- Ability to adapt to change with the business needs of the company
- Flexibility to shift schedule and work overtime as needed by the business unit
- Must bring proven ability to maintain confidentiality and secure sensitive information
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass a background check
Why Chewy Customer Service?
It's not just about us. It is also about what you get. That's why in Chewy Customer Service, you are empowered to become your best.
- YOU BELONG: Chewy is a place where you can be your authentic self. Our pet parents and partners are from everywhere--different places and different walks of life. It is what makes them unique. Likewise, Chewtopians are empowered to bring their perspectives to deliver on our mission!
- YOU CAN GROW: Our culture is for those who thrive on delivering results and becoming your best – no matter your role or location.
- YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE: You are encouraged to be curious, ask questions, bring ideas forward, and act like an owner in everything that you do.
- YOU WILL GET SUPPORT: When you join Chewy Customer Service, you will have ongoing training and development, resources, and opportunities to become your best.
- YOU WILL GET REWARDED: Chewy has you covered when it comes to competitive wages, medical & dental insurance, 401k, and happy hour. Of course, the biggest perk is the ability to work together with other smart, driven, and passionate Chewtopians who are making an impact each day.
Team Members Working from Home
- Our team members are currently working from home once they graduate from our 3 to 4-week on-site training. We anticipate returning to the office full-time sometime in 2022.
- Have a reliable wired, high-speed internet and broadband connection (20Mbps+ download speed/ 5Mbps+ upload speed (You can test your internet speed at speedtest.net or by contacting your service provider.) Applicants must meet and show this requirement.
- You provide high-speed internet. We will provide everything else (computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, webcam).
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]