Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the Role
The Financial Crimes Organization is looking to fill full time investigator roles to grow our team. The Sanctions Investigators will manage all aspects of investigation including the in-depth analysis of internal and external data sources.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Review and analyze alerts of potential matches of Robinhood customers to denied parties
- Manage the investigative process from initial detection to disposition and reporting
- Annotate findings providing proof of evidence and a final decision.
- Escalate any matches that you cannot resolve to Sanctions Investigation management
- Escalate any true positive matches to the Sanctions Officer
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years experience working in financial crimes investigations
- 1+ years experience investigating cryptocurrency coin transactions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, organization, and process improvements
- Ability to search internet and social media resources to provide facts in the case
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to a changing environment
- Blocked Property Report filing experience
- CAMS/CGSS certifications
- Chainalysis experience
Colorado Residents Only: In accordance with Colorado state law, Robinhood provides an estimate of the pay range associated with this role. In Colorado, the target salary for this position is $69,000 - $81,000. Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to education, work experience and certifications.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).