Contact Center Operations Manager
The Contact Center Operations Manager (CCOM) will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a department to ensure a quality response, consistent follow-up, and communication, appropriate problem solving and escalation, development of support procedures, adequate staffing levels for production coverage.
A successful CCOM will lead by example, mentor employees, and delegate tasks in a diplomatic manner. They will be decisive, demonstrate loyalty to the staff and business needs equally, and help others succeed. They will serve as a coach and mentor, establish trust, and build rapport in the department and throughout the company. They will be able to see the big picture without losing sight of the details or the people who manage them. Based on prior experience at various levels in a fast-paced contact center environment, the candidate will be an expert in customer service and problem-solving. They will comfortably communicate across all levels of the organization, convey needs clearly, and negotiate through amicable solutions.
- Lead all functions, personnel, metrics, and performance of the Contact Center team, including developing and implementing process improvement, efficiency, and team engagement strategies.
- Manage staffing and budgeting for a rapidly growing distributed call center team
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and ongoing career development of a high-performing diverse workforce. Accountable for retention KPIs.mentoring supervisors and senior agents by developing their abilities, including identifying issues through the monitoring of queues, task assignments, customer communications, agent interactions, and KPIs
- Responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, and completion of monthly and quarterly call center reports to the VP of Operations
- 5+ years of management experience in customer service/sales, experience managing remote teams is a plus
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with a problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and customer service KPIs
- Technologically proficient and the ability to seamlessly work with multiple computer platforms and systems.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office (Excel, Word) required
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a business or communications focus or equivalent experience