Consulting Director, Proactive Services (Unit 42) - Remote at Palo Alto Networks
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Your Career as a Consulting Director:
Consulting Director, Proactive Services is a senior-level consulting position. The individual will provide expert-level guidance on all areas of cybersecurity and cyber risk management to Unit 42 clients across a wide array of industries, geographies, and organizational structures. They will be the client’s advocate for cybersecurity risk management and will provide strategic and technical leadership in this area.
Your Impact as a Consulting Director:
- Assist Unit 42 Consulting leadership in developing the proactive cybersecurity and risk management service offerings for clients.
- Assist clients in directing their information security strategy and aligns security programs with client business priorities.
- Create, enhance, review, and/or approve security policies, standards, controls, and processes as warranted by each client engagement.
- Identify appropriate tool-sets and services to be implemented to identify, detect, and respond to potential threats with corresponding communication and action plans.
- Review investigations after breaches or incidents, including impact analysis and recommendations for avoiding similar vulnerabilities.
- Evaluate, manage, and adjust security personnel and staffing levels to ensure proper knowledge of the ever-changing industry landscape to defend against future threats.
- Identification of risks, creation of actionable plans to protect the business, and scheduling periodic security audits.
- Forecast and develop a budget, as required, for cyber-related functions in collaboration with senior leadership.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key clientele to increase awareness of Unit 42s’’ capabilities and provide on-demand expertise for client needs.
- Advise senior leadership and board of directors on cybersecurity risk and advocate for managing risk.
- Provide hands-on, expert-level consulting services to clients. Conduct and review security program risk assessments based on cybersecurity frameworks, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Amplify Unit 42s’ presence and credibility in the marketplace through thought leadership, including via speaking engagements, articles, whitepapers, and media exposure.
- Help advance the firm's capabilities, including by identifying new services, building partnerships, and/or ways to augment our current capabilities to better serve our clients.
- Demonstrated prior experience and success in designing and implementing an organization’s cybersecurity program, organizational structures, and capabilities.
- Experience as a senior-level team leader having established a security vision, strategy, and program, while anticipating future security and compliance challenges up to and including overseeing other seniors, mid-level analyst/consultant teams.
- Ability to travel as needed to meet business demands (on average 30%).
- Strong presentation, communication, and presentation skills with verifiable industry experience in holding a CISO or vCISO role.
- Expert level of knowledge of applicable laws, compliance regulations, and industry standards as it relates to privacy, security, and compliance. Ability to provide discovery, triage, and remediation in addition to evaluation of threats.
- Technical proficiency in a wide range of cyber risk management services, including penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, and cybersecurity framework assessments, among others.
- Client services mindset and top-notch client management skills. Experienced-based understanding of clients’ needs and desired outcomes in cybersecurity and risk management engagements.
- Public speaking experience, demonstrated writing ability, including technical reports, business communication, and thought leadership pieces.
- Operates with a hands-on approach to service delivery with a bias towards collaboration and teamwork.
- Must be results-driven and strategic.
- Cybersecurity industry certifications such as CISSP and/or CISM are a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree; an advanced degree such as MS, MBA, or Juris Doctorate (JD) is a plus.
Unit 42 Consulting is Palo Alto Network's security advisory team. Our vision is to create a more secure digital world by providing the highest quality incident response, risk management, and digital forensic services to clients of all sizes. Our team is composed of recognized experts and incident responders with deep technical expertise and experience in investigations, data breach response, digital forensics, and information security. With a highly successful track record of delivering mission-critical cybersecurity solutions, we are experienced in working quickly to provide an effective incident response, attack readiness, and remediation plans with a focus on providing long-term support to improve our clients’ security posture.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer, the starting salary (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) is expected to be between $183,500/yr - $229,400/yr The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.