About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2’s real-time and unbiased user reviews help you objectively assess what is best for your business. Until recently, selecting business solutions was hard, risky, and inherently biased. G2 empowers business buying decisions by highlighting the voice of the customer. Our review platform leverages more than 1,700,000 independent and authenticated user reviews read by nearly one million buyers each month. Our model brings transparency to B2B buying - changing the way decisions are made.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About The Role
G2 is looking for a motivated, creative, and data-driven Community Manager to join the User Lifecycle & Community team, a dynamic marketing team responsible for user acquisition, engagement, and support on the G2 platform. The role will spearhead community-building programs to drive engagement among software reviewers, researchers, and buyers on G2. This is a unique opportunity for someone who loves interacting with people, has a sharp sense of what gets people talking (and sharing!) and takes an entrepreneurial approach to build out new community programs and initiatives. Members of the User Lifecycle team work together as well cross-functionally with product, marketing, and sales teams to ensure we have the largest and most trusted collection of users and user generated content.
In This Role, You Will:
- Drive community strategy to acquire new users and increase engagement among existing users on the G2 platform.
- Design and execute marketing campaigns, contests, gamification efforts, and other initiatives to drive user activity and user-generated content.
- Develop, lead, and scale G2 superuser program to recognize and engage G2’s most active contributors.
- Lead cross-functional projects with product and marketing teams that deliver on new user signups and community engagement metrics.
- Partner with team leadership on annual planning, campaign management, and budget allocation
- Understand community goals and develop campaign calendars, roadmaps, and related documentation
- Measure, analyze, and share email performance, test results, and other learnings to inform decision-making across teams
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 3-4 years of experience working in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Proven understanding of the latest community management and engagement best practices
- Experience launching or managing community initiatives like user forums or superuser programs.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and templating languages like Handlebars.
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation software.
- Familiarity with analytical and database tools.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong project-management and cross-functional skills.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in writing and in person.
- Agile and can adapt to changing circumstances or requirements.
- Can balance working independently with working closely with a global team.
- Desire to learn and improve the status quo.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.