Associate, Development at CIM Group (Atlanta, GA)
| Atlanta, GA
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:50 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, May 26, 2022
Centennial Yards is a transformative project for Atlanta and one of the largest private developments in the United States. With a master site plan designed by a global team, the 50-acre Centennial Yards development will include new city blocks, public open space and up to 12 million square feet of new office space, retail, hotel and residential buildings, a world-class sports-entertainment district.
CIM Group is currently seeking a Development Associate to join our team:
The Development Associate will assist Senior Development Staff with day-to-day management duties from acquisition through pre-development, pre-construction, construction, closeout and pre-operation phases of the project(s) assigned.
- Assist in the day-to-day management of development projects including the oversight of project contractors and consultants
- Working with the Investment Deal Team(s) to provide due diligence information and feasibility analysis of potential acquisitions
- Assist in negotiating and drafting contract terms and scope with design consultants and contractors
- Responsible for maintaining project timeline, ensuring milestones are met on time and within budget
- Provide reports related to project status to Senior Development Staff, Investments Deal Team and other stakeholders
- Prepare and track development budget related to assigned projects
- Assist Senior Development Staff in securing the appropriate approvals, certifications, permits, etc. from city and other government agencies as required
- Responsible for maintaining and executing project contracts in accordance with department and corporate requirements
- Manage project documents including discretionary and non-discretionary approvals, agency releases/declarations/determinations, easements, covenants, tract maps, construction documents, A/E design and engineering plans and specifications, contracts/change orders, closeout documentation
- Responsible for sharing and uploading documents and communication on GC’s web-based project management site
- Tracking and reporting project status to investors, lenders, joint ventures, quasi-public partnerships and the like
- Assist with monthly construction progress reporting including but not limited to schedules, applications for payment, etc.
- Oversight of construction work activities related to projects.
- Oversight of contractors, subcontractors and vendors related to day-to-day activities, invoices, hiring and contract negotiations.
- Oversee work activities of Analysts assigned to project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate Development, Design/Architecture, Construction or related major. Advanced Degree preferred
- Minimum of six years' experience in real estate development and/or construction with demonstrated knowledge of real estate development and construction process including a focus in project management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Processing and coding invoices.
- Budget formatting and tracking.
- Interactions with Accounting representative on project related expenses, costs, etc.
- Spends between 33% and 90% of time traveling to project sites.
- Accuracy in work product.
- Timeliness in completion of work product.
CIM does not accept unsolicited resumes from Agencies. Any unsolicited resumes received from Agencies will be considered property of CIM and no fees will be due or paid. If you wish to become an approved Agency with CIM or any of its Affiliates, please contact a member of the CIM Talent Acquisition Team.
More Information on CIM Group
CIM Group operates in the Real Estate industry. The company is located in Los Angeles, CA, Oakland , CA, Phoenix, AZ, Dallas, TX, Chicago, IL, Bethesda, MD and New York, NY. CIM Group was founded in 1994. It has 878 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 58 open jobs at CIM Group, click here.
Read Full Job Description