Manager, Field Sales
Manager, Field Sales
The Manager, Field Sales is a fantastic opportunity to flex your leadership skills as you provide leadership and guidance to a highly focused sales team. This team is comprised of field sales representatives that ensures Cox's high standard of customer service and is driven to meet and exceed sales goals and initiatives.
As the Manager, Field Sales, you will coach, lead, motivate and monitor Field Sales Reps and Third-Party Vendors to achieve goals, metrics and performance through developing sales skills and techniques. You will recommend and implement processes and procedures to increase product penetration through sales to current, former, and prospective residential customers. Authorized Retailers may include Walmart, Best Buy, Boost Mobile, Local Authorized Dealers & Direct Sales. This role reports directly to the Market Manager of Field Sales.
What You'll Do
- Supervise, train, develop and provide performance feedback to internal/contractor and vendors to achieve all sales and installation goals.
- Serves as business consultant to local dealers to translate strategy into effective operational & sales tactics
- Develops and cultivates long term relationships and serves as key point of contact with Authorized Retailers and National Retailer Management to maximize revenue growth and drive product penetrations
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new internal/external contractor reports.
- Provide individualized and ongoing in-field coaching and performance evaluations to ensure efficiency and productivity of all team members.
- Maintain quality customer service and customer retention while serving as point of contact for escalated customer concerns.
- Conduct meetings and regular store visits with direct/indirect and vendors, attend and participate in company meetings to remain current on all Cox product information and ensure compliance with all company policies.
- Track and analyze daily activity reports to ensure productivity and contribute to the development of processes to improve efficiency.
- Designs and implements strategies to maximize sales; including but not limited to sales events, competitions, and incentives.
- Conduct performance reviews for all direct reports and develop team members to promote career pathing and succession planning.
- Communicate and support all current and upcoming sales, marketing plans/strategy and new initiatives to all direct reports and develop/manage sales contests and incentives.
- Remain current on competitive intelligence and share data with direct reports and other key business partners.
- May establish and leverage business alliances with key internal and external partners including but not limited to leasing staff to drive PSU growth
What's In It for You
Cox Communications rewards the talented, hard-working folks that help drive our growth. We have created a highly competitive salary package (base salary + excellent commission plan rewarding impressive performance), plus additional incentives including the highly-sought-after Winner's Circle reward for top salespeople. We are an inclusive, pro-sales environment where different perspectives are valued and celebrated. Tools and training to up your game? We have them. And we offer a work/life balance that allows you to enjoy things like family, friends, and lots of flexibility.
We believe in taking care of our team, so you will also have access to generous benefits like a 401(K) with company match, quality healthcare & life insurance DAY ONE, performance and recognition rewards for top salespeople, and coverage of travel expenses. And we also know that everyone has unique concerns and priorities as we navigate life and manage our overall physical, mental, and financial well-being, so we offer access to a lifestyle coach, paid time off to volunteer, employee discounts and even pet insurance (cool, right)?
Growth is a good thing, and you will have opportunities to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the Cox family of businesses that will continue to challenge and empower you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to cultivate customer relationships in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care and new forms of transportation mobility.
Bottom line, we take care of our employees. Want to join us? Here is who we are looking for...
Who You Are
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years' experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 3 years' experience in a related field; a master's degree and 1 year of experience; or a Ph.D and up to 1 year of experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) in a work setting.
- Valid state driver's license, safe driving record, reliable transportation
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Recent experience in sales management
- Degree in related discipline (i.e., Marketing, Business, etc.)
- Knowledge of local market with local contacts
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- Technical certifications in field desirable
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.