Legal Counsel, Marketing at Bluevine (Salt Lake City, UT)
BlueVine is a high-growth fintech company empowering small businesses with innovative banking designed for their needs. Small businesses deserve accessible and modern financial services, and traditional banks have underserved them for too long.
By combining industry-leading technology and security with our team's expertise and care, we help small businesses spend their time on what matters most—the next chapter of their business.
Since 2013, we've provided small and medium-sized businesses with access to more than $5.4 billion in financing. As a top small business banking provider trusted by thousands of small business owners, we're proud to offer a full suite of tailored banking services, including a business checking account, line of credit, and invoice factoring.
Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, and with offices in Salt Lake City, Jersey City, Tel Aviv, and Karmiel, we're hiring problem solvers and collaborators to help build a better financial future for small business owners.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As BlueVine’s lead Marketing, Brand, and IP counsel, you will be the primary legal counsel to BlueVine’s marketing and communications initiatives, as well as brand and IP protection. You will provide advice and counsel on all BlueVine brand, product marketing, and related activities, including communications, marketing and advertising material, learning material, partnerships, sweepstakes and contests, and surveys. You may also help negotiate related partner agreements and releases. You will report to BlueVine’s Director of Regulatory and Product Legal, and partner with the marketing and communications team and legal colleagues to market BlueVine’s products and services, while managing legal, regulatory, and compliance risk.
This is not a fully remote role. At BlueVine, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is best maintained through in-person interactions and a vibrant office environment. All of our offices will reopen in accordance with local guidelines, and will follow a hybrid model.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Review marketing, promotional, advertising, partner, customer communication, and brand-related material to analyze and manage legal and regulatory risk and compliance
- Work creatively and collaboratively to sync legal and regulatory requirements with marketing goals while reviewing and overseeing marketing collateral
- Advise on applicable laws, disclosure requirements, and regulations regarding marketing, advertisement, sweepstakes, brand protection, disclosure, and IP (including licensing and registration)
- Synthesize legal regulatory and risk advice into guidance for creative innovators
- Draft, negotiate, and interpret agreements relating to marketing partners, vendors, influencers, promotions, or other related areas
- Educate stakeholders and team on relevant and evolving industry, disclosure, IP, advertising, disclosure, and privacy laws, risks, and regulations
- Remain up-to-speed on the company’s suite of products and services, as well as customer agreements, policies, and disclosures
- Make a meaningful contribution to the company's expanding set of products, services, and marketing campaigns while maintaining a can-do attitude and sense of humor
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- J.D. degree with strong academic credentials and CA, NY, or NJ state bar membership in good standing
- Minimum 3-4 years of relevant law firm or in-house legal experience
- Marketing, brand protection, and IP experience required
- General understanding or experience with financial products preferred
- Superior analytical, drafting, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively and independently with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Receive over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH Stipend
- Generous PTO and holidays
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- Generous, paid parental leave which covers up to 15 weeks
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
Once We Return to Office:
- Free commuter benefits - CalTrain passes for SF employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches
- Unlimited snacks in fully stocked kitchens
- Pet-friendly HQ
Read what candidates and employees have to say about us. Check out our Glassdoor Page.