Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!About the role
Robinhood's is looking for an Assistant General Counsel to join our growing Regulatory legal team. We are looking for an attorney with experience in securities and broker-dealer regulatory issues who is excited to work at the intersection of regulation, technology, and finance. We are looking for a highly adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility and patience. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and contribute to our mission to democratize finance for all.Your day-to-day will involve:
- Navigating complex regulatory frameworks to help the business design innovative financial products and services
- Identifying and drafting necessary changes to the firm's systems and procedures to meet the requirements of new rules/regulations
- Engaging with regulators, including SEC and FINRA, and other external parties
- Drafting agreements, policies and procedures, disclosures, account documentation and website materials
- Resolve account issues related to estates, bankruptcies, powers of attorney, and related matters.
- Monitoring SEC/FINRA and SRO rule developments and making resulting recommendations
- Researching securities and brokerage questions and providing legal analysis and recommendations
- Partnering cross-functionally with teams including litigation, compliance, product and government affairs
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least 1 U.S. state bar
- 5+ years of legal practice experience specializing in broker-dealer regulatory law
- Knowledge or expertise in the rules and regulations relevant to broker-dealers
- Track record of developing practical solutions to novel problems
- Exceptional project management and communication skills
- In-house legal experience
- Experience at a federal or state financial regulatory agency
- Experience with technology or start-up organizations
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).