Inside Relationship Representative - Cox Business
The best relationships are built on sincerity, authenticity, and trust. Those are the relationships that move businesses and careers forward. It takes a special talent to bring them to life and we think you've got that talent.
At Cox Communications, we're looking for an Inside Relationship Representative with a passion for people and connections. If you're looking for a career with leaders that genuinely care about you and your future, keep reading!
What's In It For You?
Things like a great work-life balance and an inclusive company culture are important. At Cox, we're ahead of the game; they've been important to us for years! Here's a sneak peek at how you can benefit as a Cox employee:
- We're on your side. Our pro-sales culture honors and respects what you and other salespeople contribute to our continuing success at Cox.
- We want our people to succeed, plain and simple. We're all about professional development, continuing education and helping your career grow (often on our dime!).
- Our innovative culture provides us with a roadmap to keep ahead of the competition, and our excellent reputation with clients in our industries reflects that.
- At Cox, we foster a culture of integrity and fairness, which we generously recognize and reward.
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- We show our appreciation for our talent with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- How does a great healthcare benefits package from day one sound? Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee-only plan could be FREE, if you participate in our health screening program.
- At Cox, we believe in being transparent - please click on this link ( Cox Benefits Overview ) to learn more about our amazing healthcare benefits.
- 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
- Looking to grow your family? You'll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
- Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
- Free internet, premium cable and smart home automation in applicable markets.
- We all love our pets-whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither-and we're happy to supply insurance for them as well.
Life is all about choices, and you deserve to have a wide array of options to cover you and your family And guess what? This is just the beginning. There are lots more benefits and perks to discover at Cox!
What You'll Do
You'll retain Cox Businesses' valuable small-to-medium business customers by mitigating controllable churn and finding opportunities to upsell. You'll save customers from disconnecting their services by resolving their problems or offering incentives, credits or other offers. Other responsibilities include:
- Answering customer controllable disconnect calls.
- Making outbound follow-up calls to customers to inform them of customer referral programs, new products and services or enhanced packages.
- Making outbound calls to renew, save or upgrade existing customers.
- Managing the base of revenue by proactively contacting customers 3-6 months of contract expiration for renewal and upsell.
- Understanding customers' communication needs, troubleshooting and resolving sources of service, pricing and technical problems.
- Working with sales support to determine appropriate solutions and address any issues regarding installation or service.
- Referring complex problems to other departments for resolution.
- Making win back offers of credits, free repairs and discounts.
- Negotiating penalties with clients.
- Up-selling bundled telephony, data, wireless, video and other Cox Business products to current customers.
- Developing proposals and presentations for add-on products and services.
- Negotiating pricing, products, promotions and terms and conditions with clients.
- Ensuring product pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level.
- Performing any necessary calculations pertaining to fees, time periods, pro-rations or competitive pricing comparisons.
- Educating customers in the use of installed products, service offerings, billing, charges and product features.
- Working with sales support administration to complete sales orders.
- Providing customer intelligence and feedback to the marketing department.
Who You Are
You're a compassionate active listener who is focused on customer satisfaction. You also have the following qualifications:
- 5 years of experience in a related field,
- OR a high school diploma/GED with 3 years of experience in a related field,
- OR an AS/AA degree, BS/BA degree, or certification in a related discipline
- Experience working with computers and common business software.
- AS/AA or technical certification in a related discipline.
- Business-to-business sales experience (inside or outside) with quotas.
- Previous experience in a role focused on retaining customers and revenue.
- 6 months experience in the communications industry or at a major communications equipment vendor.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.