Workday Reporting Lead (People & Financials) at WPP (Dallas, TX)
Working at WPP means being part of a global network of more than 100,000 talented people in 112 countries. Our company creates transformative ideas and outcomes for its clients through an integrated offer of communications, experience, commerce and technology. WPP and our award-winning agencies work with most of the world’s biggest companies and organisations – from Ford, Unilever and P&G to Google, HSBC and the UN. Our clients include 69 of the FTSE 100, 348 of the Fortune Global 500, all 30 of the Dow Jones 30 and 70 of the NASDAQ 100.
WPP has headquarters in New York, London and Singapore and a corporate presence in major markets worldwide. The company is quoted on the London Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange.
WPP IT provides IT services for WPP, the world’s largest creative transformation company. WPP is reinventing creativity on an ever-broader canvas, bringing together unrivalled talent, resources and skills to provide an integrated offer of communications, experience, commerce and technology for clients.
WPP IT is undergoing a significant transformation to modernise ways of working, shift to cloud and micro-service-based architectures, drive automation, digitise colleague and client experiences and deliver insight from WPP’s petabytes of data
WPP have selected Workday as their innovative HCM, Finance & PSA (Professional Services Automation) system of choice to meet changing demands and roles will be instrumental in rolling out and servicing one of the most exciting Workday programmes for a global business right now.
Visit our LinkedIn page to see what we're up to!
Why we're hiring:
We provide IT services for WPP, the world’s largest creative transformation company. WPP is reinventing creativity on an ever-broader canvas, bringing together unrivalled talent, resources and skills to provide an integrated offer of communications, experience, commerce and technology for clients.
Our agencies operate in 112 countries, working with clients including 348 of the Fortune Global 500, all 30 of the Dow Jones 30, 70 of the NASDAQ 100 and 69 of the FTSE 100.
What you'll be doing:
At WPP, technology is at the heart of everything we do, and it is WPP IT’s mission to enable everyone to collaborate, create and thrive. WPP IT is undergoing a significant transformation to modernise ways of working, shift to cloud and micro-service-based architectures, drive automation, digitise colleague and client experiences and deliver insight from WPP’s petabytes of data.
WPP have selected Workday as their innovative HCM, Finance & PSA system of choice to meet changing demands and this role will be instrumental in rolling out one of the most exciting Workday programmes for a global business right now. In this role, you will own and lead the Reporting and Management Information (MI) workstream of the programme reporting into the lead for Financials/PSA and the lead for HCM jointly. You will actively engage with and build a highly productive and trusted working relationship with your SI counterpart to co-develop the Workday reporting stream and drive subsequent downstream activities; requirements, configuration, testing, and business acceptance.
You will be working closely with the Workday programme team in implementing the reporting and MI vision and strategy. You will provide your expertise on Workday and bring your functional skills to establish world-class approaches to reporting and the provision of management and operational information. This role contributes to a range of other key activities such as training preparation, change management preparation, and provides deep Workday functional expertise in the arena reporting, dashboards and eventually analytics.
· Overall responsibility for the design and development of reports for each in-scope business
· Develop and agree on a reporting and Management Information Strategy
· Validating and ensuring that all reports the requirements of each business and align to the overall reporting and Management Insight strategy
· Maintain expertise on new reporting functionality/features/capabilities in Workday, the wider industry, and technology trends
· Shape the scope and skills of a Reporting workstream and help recruit required talent
· Interact and partner with BAU support team to understand and leverage existing reporting and MI content
· Safeguard global standards and principles against competing requests and priorities
· Work with functional, data ad integration leads to ensure reporting and MI strategy and content for each in-scope business is addressed via the Workday solution as a whole
What you'll need:
- Exceptional reporting experience in a complex environment with in-depth Workday experience essential in HCM AND FINANCIALS
- Deep understanding of Workday delivered reports and dashboards
- Strong understanding of Reporting optimisation techniques
- Strong and extensive requirements gathering expertise with proven experience of turning requirements into specifications.
- Deep understanding of Workday or other SAAS platforms
- Excellent technical understanding of reporting at operational, management and dashboard levels.
- Team leadership of both internal and outsourced teams
- Strong ability to lead, inspire, engage, and coach a diverse team and create an inclusive culture across geographical boundaries
- Vision and strategy for long term goal of deriving and leading analytics workstream (likely using PRISM or similar)
- Delivery focused, with high energy and drive, and ability to deliver through others
- Strong risk awareness skills and management of risk
- Creative solutions and strong problem-solving skills with agility for fast and simple solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with superior presentation and written skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Credibility, professionalism, and strong personal integrity
Who you are:
You're open: We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are accepting: of new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You're optimistic: We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with conviction: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You're extraordinary: we are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we provide extraordinary every day.
What we'll give you:
Passionate, inspired people – We promote a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity – We offer the opportunity to create, influence and complete projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work – Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?
WPP is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
Please read our Privacy Notice for more information on how we process the information you provide.