Talent Operations Manager at Automattic (Remote)
As the Talent Operations Manager, you’ll join a diverse multi-functional team that is shaping the way Automattic is supporting hiring, onboarding, and growth for a company of 1900+ people (and growing). You’ll be working closely with senior business leaders from across Talent, our Business Units, Finance, and HR from across the world.
You’ll report directly into the Head of Talent and will have a team of four working across analytics, talent strategy, and recruitment excellence - with “building for scale” being at the root of all the things you’ll do.Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Business unit partner relationships: Collaborate with recruiting teams, finance, and business units to maintain a seamless requisition and approvals process.
- Program Development: Manage and iterate on our employee referral program and engagement process. Analyze data and make changes as necessary to aim for 30% or more of our candidates to come in through referrals. Ensure that referrals are a diverse source of candidates. Help launch recruitment diversity initiatives while measuring successes and milestones.
- Tools and Systems Management: Review and optimize our sourcing tools, ATS, hiring platforms and channels, and career site. Manage all ATS and recruiting software integrations, implementations, and change management. Drive thorough documentation and share across the appropriate teams. Maintain vendor relationships.
- Data and analytics: The Talent Analytics team reports to you. Together, you will manage data collection through candidate and hiring manager surveys. Optimize our current tools while identifying others that would benefit the organization. Create and maintain dashboards with as much data as available. Develop a plan for regular reporting to various audiences and levels of understanding of recruitment data. Track and report on the successes of our partnerships, including job boards and branding partnerships. In collaboration with Talent leadership, create meaningful OKRs and performance metrics across talent and recruiter performance.
- Scale; someone who’s already experienced the journey of scaling beyond 2000 people and wants to jump back into the thick of things.
- Recruitment operations; demonstrable impact within a recruitment operations role in your current or previous company. This doesn’t mean you’ve held the title but your work should show experience within this side of recruitment.
- Data and analytics; creating and maintaining dashboards, creating meaningful OKRs and performance metrics across talent and recruiter performance.
- A “people first mentality”; you genuinely care about the people you’re leading and partnering with and will treat them with the same respect and care you’d want to them to treat you with.
- Communication excellence; due to our distributed, remote culture, communication is oxygen at Automattic, so an excellent ability to communicate and present over multiple mediums (Slack, Google Docs, Zoom, etc) is required.
- Partnerships; can work cross-functionally and get buy-in from stakeholders.
- Data driven outcomes; have experience with developing and using metrics to improve outcomes.
- Self-motivation; enjoy taking an idea and running with it with minimal supervision.
- Leadership and coaching; comfortable delegating tasks within your team and with peers, and knowing when someone needs to improve in one or another area and can provide that coaching or can get them the support they need.
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Tumblr, Simplenote, Jetpack, Longreads, Day One, PocketCasts, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.