Who we are
Our mission at Nylas is to turn communication into inspiration and insight. We empower over 100,000 developers and over 900 companies all over the world to access, parse, and gain insights from communications data to provide better experiences for their customers and users, all while providing top tier security and compliance. To achieve this vision, we’ve raised over $175M from Tiger Global, 8VC, ScaleUp, Spark Capital, Slack, and more.
We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and a massive opportunity (the world runs on communication and data). By continuing to hire exceptional people from all different backgrounds and perspectives, we have the opportunity to make Nylas one of the biggest, most successful and equitable technology companies in the world.
Nylas is an advocate for the well-being of our employees. We trust our employees and give them the autonomy to achieve their goals without focusing on when, where, and how they get there. We are a flexibility first workplace. That means if you have a preference for working fully remote, going into the office every day, or anywhere in between, we support that working style. but if Nylanauts want to work from an office, we have hubs in San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London.
We are also strong supporters of internal and cross-team mobility and growth. We want Nylas to be a place where anyone can be supported to grow, learn, and become the best at what they do. We’ve been named a top Startup for career growth and development by Forbes, Great Places to Work, and Comparably!
From our CTO + Co-Founder, Christine Spang:
“We have a number of folks on the team who started as an individual contributor and became staff level or leaders in their area. I personally love seeing people reach their full potential and become successful at Nylas.”
We are a fun-loving group of hardworking, determined, engaging, comical individuals who are striving to help others reach their full potential. We are constantly pushing ourselves and one another to learn and grow. We are always striving to become a high-performing team and better versions of ourselves. We do not identify as ‘HR’ or ‘Human Resources.’ Humans are NOT resources! We are People - the People department because in the end Humans are People!
People Operations Specialist: Bernadette Ghazi-Tehrani
People Partner: Mona Grant
Sr. Manager, People Operations: Rachel Ibarra
People Operations Specialist: Olivia Mendez
Workplace & Events Manager: Mindy Sloan
People Operations Specialist: Falen Bell
Compensation Manager: Kathryn Gombos
Head of People: Ryan Gormley
Nylas is searching for a Senior Manager of Learning and Development to partner with all the various teams and departments as we enter our next phase of growth. This is a remarkable opportunity that will work at the intersection of leadership development, operations, and talent management. Reporting to the Head of People, you will lead our learning strategy to support scaling up in hyper-growth. You will build learning and training programs for employees and managers at both the company level and the unit level. You will drive relationships with people managers by developing analytics, reporting, and scalable best-in-class processes. You are someone who exudes gumption; loves ambiguity; challenges the status quo; and sees themselves as a builder.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the end-to-end design and execution of Nylas' learning strategy and solutions to support scaling up in hyper-growth
- Manage the global training programs from needs assessment to execution at both the company level and the unit level
- Architect and execute programs and experiences that support leaders and managers at global scale and at different career moments (e.g., first time manager)
- Manage leader development programs end-to-end, including designing, communication, facilitating, and evaluating program content
- Work closely with managers to assess business learning needs and develop training materials that will bridge those learning gaps
- Work cross-functionally team to execute and continually improve the onboarding learning programs and resources
- Ensure the successful and consistent delivery of core programs across talent management portfolio including performance management, compensation, promotions, engagement surveys, career development
- Collaboratively with the Head of People and Exec team, build the language of culture (principles, values, etc.) for Nylas and integrate it into all learning and talent management programs
- Craft compelling communication plans to support all learning and talent management programs
- Apply talent management expertise to the development, design, and implementation of new talent management programs and processes
- Leverage data and storytelling to support decision-making and enable change across the organization
- Utilize issue-based problem solving techniques to rapidly identity problem statements and structure key activities to deliver outcomes
- Leverage data to support pragmatic analysis and build narratives as applicable to support project teams in advancing decisions for specific initiatives
What You'll Bring
- 12+ years of experience in L&D and/or leadership development roles
- Vision for the future of L&D in an evolving world
- Experience in managing learning programs at a large scale and in hyper-growth mode
- Extensive proven experience in planning, executing, and leading large-scale learning solutions with a variety of interfaces
- Strategic thinker with strong project/program management capabilities
- Develop the learning & development strategy and curriculum, using ADDIE principles
- Proven experience in implementing training and learning plans for remote locations/teams
- Solid desire and ability to improve processes and build relationships
- Experience leveraging technology to curate and deliver high-impact learning
- Excellent verbal and written communication, experience presenting analyses to management and ability to lead and drive initiatives
- A growth mindset and ability to think of creative solutions
- Curious to dig deeper beyond the surface level of a job profile researching market trends, domain technology, and seek out information to have a solid understanding of the business
- Ability to combine business acumen with strong influencing skills to advise and coach hiring partners
- Capable of thinking creatively and critically, and thrive in a fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment
- A curiosity and passion to learn a lot! Always pushing things forward and simplifying our processes and procedures
- Round 1: 30 minute Phone interview with the our Internal Recruiter, Megan Cohn
- Round 2: 45 minute Zoom interview with the our Head of People, Ryan Gormley
- Round 3: 2 parts: a 60-90 minute take home assignment followed by a 60 minute Zoom meeting for you to presentation your the assignment (this is important as you did all the work and should have the chance to speak to it)
- Round 4: 5 Zoom interviews with various Nylas leaders (max 3 hours)
Perks and Benefits:
• Nylas Alumni Fund: after 3 years employment, Nylas will invest $20k into your seed round if you decide to start your own company
• Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
• Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
• One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
• Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
• Retirement Plan: match up to 3% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
• Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
• Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
• Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
• Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with your application, find another team that might be better suited to your skills, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states/provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state/province where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.