Senior Recruiter, Operations at Kasa Living, Inc. (Remote)
This role is fully remote, we set a location because some job boards require it.
We are looking for a Senior Recruiter, Operations to join our Talent Acquisition team and oversee our full-cycle recruiting, focused on filling critical high volume Operations roles. As a Senior Recruiter, you will report to the Director of Talent Acquisition and will partner with hiring managers to identify hiring needs and determine selection criteria for each role, and then source, interview plan, edit job descriptions, and drive the interview process (screening, assessment, offer). You will design, plan and execute a talent attraction plan that repeatedly draws excellent new Kasamigos to our high-volume and leadership Operations roles, and you'll refine an interview process that balances speed, efficiency, and quality. You'll use every hire as an opportunity to hone the process and candidate experience. Along the way, you'll also organize and attend recruitment events, test new methods of marketing Kasa roles, and brainstorm strategies to measure skill utilizing a mix of automated and human assessment.
It is important to us that every hire connects with our vision, mission and values. The ideal candidate is thus not only inspired by Kasa but also able to evangelize others and help our team be more efficient and scalable as we grow.About the Team
This role is in our People Operations Department. Our People Ops team members are spread throughout the United States and Hungary and have diverse backgrounds across the fields of hospitality, marketing, compliance, and technology. This is a mighty team that has a passion for creating impactful and memorable experiences that strengthen our employees' journeys at Kasa. The People Ops team develops its initiatives around 3 main objectives: 1) Compliance and Infrastructure, 2) Talent Acquisition, Training, and Development, and 3) Culture and Engagement. Our mission is to evolve our people infrastructure, develop a world-class talent acquisition & training capability, and build upon a vibrant remote company culture.Day in the life of a Kasa Senior Recruiter
Your week will start by outlining a detailed candidate recruiting plan to share with the Kasa managers you support. Throughout the week, you will split your time between:
- Sourcing top talent through creative methods and channels (social and professional networks, start-up and entrepreneurial communities, etc.)
- You'll be searching for the front line roles that make Kasa run day to day - Customer Success agents, Property Operations managers, Housekeeping team members, and more; often the best candidates for Kasa will be hired through an unbiased assessment of work ethic, quality communication, and aptitude to master a role.
- Conducting interviews while providing white-glove hospitality-infused candidate experience; finding efficiency gains to improve our time to hire and the candidate volume we can process at one time.
- Hosting meetings with hiring managers that require consistently high volume and unique geographic constraints in sometimes hard-to-fill markets. You'll determine blockers and new ways to engage top talent
- Participating in People Operations meetings and work sessions to help drive the business forward
- For the first few months, your focus will be on operationalizing Kasa's outbound, targeted candidate sourcing/messaging/interviewing for all operations roles and taking ownership of reviewing all inbound applicants too.
- 6+ years of relevant Recruiting experience for Operations-heavy jobs like Remote-first Guest Service, Hospitality, on-site property management, operations and maintenance team members, etc.
- Practical experience helping improve the quality and longevity of your hires.
- You have directly worked on a weekly basis with 5+ hiring managers/directors to fill 12 - 20 positions per month for at least 6 unique operation job types, simultaneously.
- You're very familiar with recruiting tools like Greenhouse (ATS), Sourcewhale (Email campaigns), Seekout (Boolean search), ZipRecruiter/Linkedin (Job posting), Charthop (headcount growth planning and role prioritization).
- You understand grassroots recruiting efforts in local markets where online job board postings may not suffice.
- You enjoy the continued pursuit, development, and improvement of new candidate sources for the exact same roles as the Operations team across Kasa scale with the property count.
- You have practical experience justifying and leading decisions on where to spend job ad (advertising) dollars. Including knowing where a certain role should be posted: ZipRecruiter, Linkedin, Indeed, Facebook, and/or other dynamic solutions.
- You remain scrappy finding social avenues to freely use your own and Kasa's network to reach ideal candidates: College job boards, bespoke groups, and communities, etc.
- You're comfortable with tight timelines filling last-minute needs based on new growth.
- You've led, coached, or mentored other recruiting team members
- You've worked in the hospitality industry at some point in your career
- You've worked for small and large enterprise companies
- Played a pivotal role in growing our Operations teams in the first 3-4 months of your journey with us.
- Sourced, qualified, inspired, and helped close 40+ candidates per quarter.
- Improved on established diversity hiring initiatives that expand who we are across various segments of diversity
- Helped plan and implement new solutions to keep open funnels and hires at the ready so support is always on hand to mirror property and unit growth
- Used recruiting reporting and automation to best unblock the team's time and inefficiencies
- Become a respected brand ambassador and thought partner by your Hiring Managers and People Operations team members
- 🌏 Remote Work: With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere!
- ✈ Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 50% discount on any nights for friends and family
- 📈 Generous Stock Option Plan: We believe the success of our business should be shared with our team. As you grow with us, we increase the opportunities for you to become part-owners of our company.
- 🙌 Flexible PTO: Full-time exempt Kasa employees are encouraged to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that it's not disruptive to their work.
- 📱 Cell phone reimbursement: We reimburse a portion of your monthly cell phone bill to say thanks for using your personal phone during the work day.
- 📈 401(k) plan: As you invest in yourself and your future, Kasa invests in you too: we match 50% of the first 4% of deferred salary.
- 💰 Competitive Salary: We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus additional earning opportunities based on the position
- 🩺 Health Coverage: We've invested in comprehensive health insurance options to help when you need it most
Kasa is building a global accommodations brand unlike any other. We took the best that hotels and short-term rentals had to offer and created a new class of hospitality that is well priced, trustworthy, and that offers a large selection of great locations. Our guests enjoy seamless check-ins, spacious apartments, and attractive amenities, helping them feel right at home. If anything comes up, our remote guest experience team is available 24/7, ensuring our hospitality is always felt, though rarely seen.
Behind the scenes, we build technology that combines with our innovative operations to grow a globally scalable offering that delivers high-quality stays. Our products and systems unlock unparalleled flexibility to operate anywhere from a few Kasa to a few hundred Kasas in any type of building, in just about any location. We currently have Kasas in over 17 states and are expanding into new markets all the time.
All of this is made possible by our team members, each of whom plays a critical role in fulfilling our vision and mission. We strive to foster a culture that values feedback, support, and collaboration throughout the organization. As a remote-first company, we work hard to bridge the gap of distance through initiatives that foster connection across Kasa. A few examples include lively All-Hands meetings, department get-togethers (online and in-person), and teamwide celebrations of important milestones. We offer benefits that encourage team members to stay at Kasa properties to experience our product firsthand and meet local team members when nearby. Guests are crucial to Kasa’s mission. Accordingly, every new Kasa team member gets trained in our Guest Experience Akademy during their onboarding.
Our team is fortunate to have diverse backgrounds, personalities, and experiences united by a commitment to excellence and passion for our industry. If Kasa’s vision and culture speak to you, and you’re up for the challenge of building a company on the cutting edge of real estate, we would love to have you on our team!
Kasa Living is an E-Verify participant. We will verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by matching information employees provide on the form i-9 against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). You may find more information here and here.