Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We are looking for a Head of University Recruiting to lead a team of managers, recruiters, and sourcers searching for the best early career talent in the tech space. Our world class recruiting team builds the foundation of our success by finding extraordinary people that share our vision. In this role you’ll find yourself partnering directly with executives and leadership across the rest of the organization on creating a strategy to help us find, attract, and hire great early career talent. You will be responsible for developing and driving our university recruiting strategy, while working closely with the existing team to understand and improve existing processes. If you thrive in an environment where you get to experiment, innovate, and build, this is the role for you!
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Build, lead, motivate, and mentor a high-performing team, including a manager, recruiters, and inbound sourcers.
- Create and drive all campus recruiting strategies, initiatives, and events. Design and execute year-round strategies and programs to strengthen our brand and presence at targeted universities across the globe.
- Own and develop relationships with career services, student clubs, and faculty to help drive an inclusive and innovative university recruiting strategy and program that attracts and develops our future talent.
- Analyze and report on progress consistently; continually adjust strategy as needed while making decisions informed by data.
- Work closely with hiring managers and interview teams to create an exceptional, inclusive, and structured interview experience
- Advocate Coinbase’s passion for inclusion and diversity initiatives, and continue to grow our company as an inclusive, special place.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 8+ years of university recruiting experience in a technical industry or company.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- Proven track record of building high-performing, inclusive and diverse teams and working closely with technical leadership.
- Deep knowledge across the entire candidate lifecycle, from talent mapping, research, sourcing, interviewing, to closing.
- Demonstrated prowess in creating innovative and unique ways to proactively find and engage pipelines of early career talent.
- Ability to think strategically and proactively, with a data-driven approach to decision-making.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.