Senior HR Compliance Specialist at UL Solutions (Raleigh, NC)
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL Solutions stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
What you'll learn & achieve:
This role is hybrid based in the Chicago area or Research Triangle Park, NC
The Senior HR Compliance Specialist is responsible for ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations across HR including, employment and labor laws, federal and state AA, EEO, and OFCCP regulations. The Senior HR Compliance Specialist collaborates with HR process owners to review the maintenance of required compliance documentation and to ensure that internal control practices are in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provides guidance and oversight to desk reviews and onsite audits of U.S. offices to ensure that employee records, employee notices, and employment practices meet all compliance expectations. Reviews and audits include I-9 records, corporate compliance training, all required building postings, applicant tracking, selection processes, closed requisition files, record retention and other areas of HR file management. Partners with the Director of Talent Acquisition with regards to data integrity and compliance processes related to talent acquisition.
- Serves as the company's primary point of contact for responses to employment related compliance requests by Federal, State or Local government agencies. In the event of an audit, gathers data from appropriate sources and communicates with government contacts. Coordinates and approves responses for all information requests. Updates as needed EEO, and AA data required by state and other municipal governments.
- Provides consultation, guidance, technical assistance, and compliance support to HR staff. Partner with HR Stakeholders to enhance diversity outreach programs and improve recruitment and retention of women and minority staff, especially in underutilized job groups; Individuals with Disabilities (IWD) and Veterans. Ensures FLSA/Wage and Hour compliance.
- Manages all aspects of UL Solutions Affirmative Action Programs, including vendor management for AAP and EEO-1 plan preparation, data analysis, internal plan auditing and annual compensation review. Responsible for compiling, analysis and reporting of data related to UL Solutions workforce to monitor the effectiveness of Affirmative Action programs.
- Designs, develops, and conducts ongoing education training programs for hiring managers, faculty and staff that promote understanding of equal opportunity and affirmative action, and other global HR compliance training needs. Training may also include programs on discrimination and harassment.
- Participates on project teams, complete special projects, or assume additional responsibilities needed to support the Global HR Compliance Manager which includes global HR compliance audits. Work together with the regional HR teams to support global HR compliance initiatives.
- Collaborates with company's legal team to stay current with changes in employment and labor laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as directed.
What makes you a great fit:
- University degree (Equivalent to U.S. Bachelor's degree) in Human Resources Administration, Business Administration, or related field, generally five years of professional experience within Human Resources
- Subject matter expertise in affirmative action and government contractor requirements pertaining to nondiscrimination practices and policies. Previous experience creating Affirmative Action Plans in highly regulated environment
- Strong demonstrated working knowledge of concepts, procedures, practices, and legislation related to HR law and workplace guidelines including FLSA/Wage and Hour requirements, and/or other local labor laws and requirements.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, completing assignments on-time and with accuracy
- Strong data and analytical skills. Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work across multiple functions within HR to drive results and interface with senior management
- Independent worker who can effectively collaborate, influence, and educate across teams and organizational levels.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
What you'll experience working at UL:
- Mission: For UL Solutions, corporate and social responsibility isn't new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 129 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL Solutions employee what they love most about working here, and you'll almost always hear, "the people." Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL Solutions. We're able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers' create. We're inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards: All employees at UL Solutions are eligible for bonus compensation. UL Solutions offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Working at UL Solutions is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com