Zipline is growing fast across the globe, and we are committed to building and implementing an innovative and equitable compensation strategy and program that enables us to attract and retain exceptional talent around the world.
As Zipline’s first Sr. Compensation Analyst you will collaborate closely with our Head of Global Talent, HR Business Partners and key business leaders on all compensation-related matters and help to ensure our semi-annual compensation processes run efficiently. You will be a critical thought partner in both the design and implementation of our compensation philosophy across all Zipline locations.
You will feel fulfilled in this role if you enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-ownership culture, if you have quantitative rigor and strong Excel/Google Sheets skills, if you have excellent communication skills and if you love building something and being part of paving the future!What You'll Do
- Leverage your expertise in quantitative analysis, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and help inform, influence, support, and execute our compensation strategy
- Support the recruiting team with all new hire compensation offers, including market trend analysis and offer negotiations
- Review and select appropriate benchmark surveys, analyze and interpret relevant market data, and develop recommendations for updates to job categories and salary structures as appropriate
- Help drive our bi-annual global compensation planning process end-to-end including salary and equity plan design, spreadsheet tool building and management, project management, and clear communication to all stakeholders
- Analyze trends in compensation and build intelligence through reporting and insights
- Evaluate existing pay practices while providing recommendations and executing plans for changes in an innovative, equitable manner
- At least 3 years’ experience in Excel model building with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, including statistical analysis and modeling along with experience evaluating and managing online salary management tools
- Past professional experience in a compensation-related role, and familiarity with private equity preferred
- Ability to cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and effectively communicate to stakeholders
- Experience working with large sets of HR data and familiarity with best practices for data cleanliness/integrity. Professionalism and discretion in handling sensitive data.
- A true passion for tools, automation, efficiency, documentation and getting the most out of every action
- Strong work ethic and team-first attitude: humility and humor make for a high-impact contributor
- Experience working with compensation in international contexts (i.e. outside of the US) a major plus
This role is located at Zipline’s headquarters in South San Francisco, California and will report directly to the Head of Global Talent.