Payroll Specialist at Curriculum Associates
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Reporting to the Payroll Manager the Payroll Specialist will assist with the daily management of payroll administration, ensuring all processes are executed appropriately, timely, and in compliance with government regulations and company policies. Experience working in a hands-on payroll environment with knowledge of payroll practices along with strong attention to detail including the ability to reconcile data between an internal accounting system and 3rd party payroll processing preferred.
The impact you will have:
- Prepare, review and process multi-state (48 states) biweekly US payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees in accordance with the company policies and wage and hour laws
- Prepare and process employee changes, which may include pay increases, bonuses, commissions, tax changes, banking information, department allocation, insurance deductions, allowances, garnishments, etc.
- Work closely with Payroll Manager to ensure adherence to policies and procedures
- Ensure accurate data entry within the payroll system (i.e., correct state and local data)
- Apply for and set up new SIT and SUI or local tax ID’s
- Research and resolve tax agency notices and work on any audits
- Process and issue W-2 forms, research and resolve W2 issues, and process W2c forms
- Respond timely to employee and management payroll queries and concerns.
- Assist in ensuring payroll practices remain compliant with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Prepare a variety of reports as requested
- Work cross-functionally with business partners – HR, Benefits, Compensation, and Accounting
- Maintain and update the general ledger including mapping and reconciliation of GL
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years payroll and payroll tax processing experience with a medium-size company
- Strong knowledge of multi-state and federal payroll, tax, and payroll laws and regulations
- ADP WFN and Workday ERP experience are highly desirable
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office, with significant MS Excel experience required
- Payroll auditing and reconciliation experience are essential
- Attention to detail with a strong focus on quality and accuracy is a must
- Ability to handle highly confidential issues with appropriate discretion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong focus on customer service and creating rapport with employees and managers at all levels of the organization
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work under strict deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration preferred
Location: This role will be based in North Billerica, MA. Please note that strong remote candidates will be considered.