Human Resources Manager at Chewy
Chewy is currently recruiting for a Human Resources Manager at our Dallas, TX fulfillment center. This position is responsible for overseeing and managing a Fulfillment Center Human Resources department. If you are looking for a position in which no two days are the same, team members are a valued asset and you look at employee engagement as a high priority – this position is for you. Chewy is a growing organization and we need an HR Leader to join our team.
What you’ll do:
- Lead team responsible for performance management, employee engagement and talent development.
- Assist management staff in resolution of issues and concerns.
- Assists with training as needed by training team; owns orientation and onboarding.
- Facilitate compensation programs. Implement compensation plans supported by the research of local market data for positions, evaluate job levels to ensure compensation programs remain competitive.
- Administer workers compensation program: investigate all injuries, first aid and near misses, and work with plant management to reduce all three.
- Recommend/administer discipline when warranted. Assist supervisors/fulfillment center management with disciplinary issues.
- Handle benefits administration.
- Develop/update job descriptions, rules, procedures and policies.
- Participate in facility safety and meetings, including, but not limited to, safety committee meetings and accident investigations.
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS required (Business Administration, Human Resources or related study preferred. Experience in a similar warehouse environment or a combination of education-training and experience will be considered.
- 5 plus years in an HR partnership role ideally within a fulfillment or distribution center or busy work environment with proven track record of success.
- 2-3 years’ experience managing a HR Team.
- Proven record of strategic partnerships which enhance the HR experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, public presentation /communication skills and strong interpersonal skills required.
- Able to work effectively with a wide range of personnel.
- Strong employee relations background
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]