HR Business Partner at Faire
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
We’re looking for an exceptional HR Business Partner to join our People team and support our Business and Corporate teams. In this role, you’ll partner directly with leaders to build and roll-out People programs and initiatives. You will have a deep focus on org health, key metrics, and organizational design and support individual contributors and managers on people related topics.
- Act as the main HR partner directly with functional leaders to develop and execute both a short- and long-term People strategy that directly supports and enables the business' objectives.
- Coach and develop leaders at all levels within the organization, from individual contributors to line managers to senior leaders.
- Build credibility and trust among employees. Resolve employee concerns through compassion, a systematic approach, clear documentation and follow-through.
- Partner with the broader People team to ensure high quality implementation of critical HR operating rhythms such as performance management and compensation planning, leveraging resources as appropriate.
- Partner with business leaders to implement the most effective and optimized organizational structures, with an eye for longer-term growth and stability.
- Develop and drive strategies to attract, develop, engage and retain strong and diverse talent.
- Minimum 6+ years of professional experience in HRBP related areas
- Deep understanding of HR programs including compensation, performance management, and leadership development.
- Craft and implement creative and progressive talent strategies tailored to your client groups, addressing retention and development needs.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and being a part of deeply complex strategy discussions.
- Analytically driven; you utilize qualitative and quantitative approaches to problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and flexibility to be proactive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment. Proficiency in making timely, effective, ethics-based decisions.
- Knowledge and experience in technology businesses including a familiarity with global HR practices and policies.
- Unquestioned integrity; resolve, presence, and sureness
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.