We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
For this HR Business Partner role, you will be supporting our Product, Engineering and Design teams. The HR Business Partner plays a vital role in ensuring the functions they partner with are thriving and executing at scale -- and, most importantly, translating business strategy into people & org strategy. As a key member of our People team, you will work closely with the Business Partner and Leadership teams on engagement, employee development, diversity, policy, compensation, and performance management initiatives. You’ll provide proactive guidance and counsel and will have the opportunity to improve and impact every employee's experience at Coinbase. Using data, combined with sound judgment and creativity, you’ll directly influence the growth & scaling of our organization. We’re looking for an innovative person to help us continue to build a best in class team.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Work with relevant stakeholders to help spearhead and contribute to people programs and strategies that enhance our culture -- including performance management, compensation, talent development & feedback, employee engagement & retention, and internal communications.
- Partner with fellow HRBPs, People team, and managers on org design, planning, and execution.
- Provide coaching/guidance on skill & professional development, career pathing and leveling, change management, org design, performance improvement, and tricky people situations.
- Identify and advise managers on the development needs of their teams and functions.
- Approach people matters with an eye toward compliance and reducing risks; help build and apply HR policies and manage employee relations issues.
- Identify specific behaviors that contribute to macro patterns and provide solutions on how to address them.
- Analyze trends & use data to develop and evolve people programs and influence change.
- Build excellent working relationships across the business and People team.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant HR experience.
- Solid desire and ability to create and improve processes, build relationships, and make Coinbase better.
- Expertise in people/HR policies & procedures - and a track record of prioritizing, defining, developing, and rolling out scalable HR solutions that address the needs of the business.
- Fully developed coaching and problem solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities.
- Reputation for integrity, dedicated work ethic, and desire for ownership & accountability.
- Prior experience working in a high growth environment; tech and financial services experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with data and analytics.
- Understanding of relevant employment laws and expertise in performance management.
Sound cool? Let's work together.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $127,075 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Position ID: G1989
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.