Head of Creative Talent Development at Automattic (Remote)
- Partner with Automattic’s top leadership teams to understand executive leadership gaps and hiring needs across the organization.
- Be able to reach anyone in the world, and share Automattic’s story in a way that makes them excited to be part of the journey.
- Develop a pipeline and drive executive leadership recruiting outreach to top talent around the world, both directly and partnering with external recruiting firms.
- Manage the full recruitment life cycle, from sourcing to offer.
- Oversee a smooth and thoughtful pass off from hiring to onboarding, and evaluation and support of the new executive’s first year.
- Collaborate with our other hiring teams on process and best practices, ensuring we’re providing a great candidate experience.
- Know how to nudge and shape existing executive teams to complement each other and create the best work of their careers together.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of full hiring lifecycle including sourcing, qualifying, and assessing.
- A proven track record of recruiting business-changing executives who are exceptional at their craft.
- Experience in working with a founder and building a company, through talent development, to a $B+ revenue level.
- Deep relationships in the tech and software field will be necessary to identify and recruit top talent with deep industry knowledge.
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable to our unique approach to hiring, as well as quickly changing priorities and business needs.
- Strong project management skills, with a focus on streamlining process.
- The ability to work autonomously.
- A high level of attention to detail and an eye towards crafting best-in-class candidate experiences.
- Experience developing, implementing, and championing practices for increasing diversity in hiring processes.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiarity with remote work (or excitement to try it!).
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Tumblr, Simplenote, Jetpack, Longreads, Day One, PocketCasts, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.