Head of Americas People Partnerships (USA Remote) at Turnitin
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
Our mission comes first. We are committed to ensuring academic integrity in global education and meaningfully improving learning outcomes for ALL students, whether our team does it from their kitchen, patio or the office is of little consequence.
Operating in over 140 countries around the world, it is fitting that one of our Values is ‘Global Mindset’. It means that we respect local cultures, embrace diversity, and we respect personal choice. We know that 2% of our workforce favors being in the office full-time; 13% prefer to be in the office 3-4 days a week; 34% prefer 1-2 days a week and 51% desire to be fully remote. This is why working remotely is our default. At the same time, we balanced the needs and desires of some employees and safely re-opened several of our offices to allow them to work there full or part-time.
At Turnitin, we are prepared for the future of work and that means reimagining how we collaborate, syncing up across time zones and finding the best ways to support our people doing their best work.
Our remote-first culture allows for every single employee to get the same access to learning and career opportunities, and it enables us to think differently about where and how we recruit talent of diverse backgrounds.Job Description
Turnitin is seeking to hire a Head of Americas People Partnerships to join our Global People Team. The People Team enables Turnitin to unleash the full potential of ‘One Team’ and culture which, in turn, enables it to deliver its business strategy and purpose.
The People Team is split into four verticals:
- Global People Partners
- Centers of Excellence (COEs)
- People Services / HR Shared Services
- People Strategy & Operations (PS&O)
This role will report to the Global VP, People Partnerships and serve as the regional leader of the People Partnerships Team, a function whose remit is key to our ability to attract, retain, engage and develop the best talent. The incumbent will primarily partner with designated Center Leadership Team members as direct business partner, but will interact (through its team) with all senior leaders across the company to provide strategy and thought leadership related to Employee Relations, Engagement, Inclusion and Acquisition activities. The incumbent will direct and manage a customer centric, proactive and capable team of People Business Partners and People Relations Specialists.
- Creates a positive team environment, in which team members’ motivation is central to success. Ensures the team is nurtured, coached, given regular meaningful feedback and proactively developed in order to achieve their potential and deliver their best work. Works closely with the team to inspire innovation and continuous improvement.
- Provides management information and summaries of the employee engagement and relations landscape - monthly and quarterly. Conducts reviews and course-corrects, as is needed.
- Ensures and creates annual and bi-annual plans/OKRs using COE support with the team to ensure continuous improvements are realized in relation to key metrics like Turnover, Retention, Diversity, etc.
- Ensures open flows of communication up, down and sideways, sharing news and information, holding regular team meetings and team events. Ensures that everyone is well informed and up to date with critical items for the People Team.
- Develops open and enduring stakeholder relationships with Turnitin Leaders to assist the development and delivery of the People Strategy and link it operationally to business needs, providing personal coaching and guidance/development for Leaders personally and via team.
- Works via People Team operating model to ensure Turnitin people at all levels get accurate advice and guidance regarding all aspects of the employee experience, enabling the right decisions to be made at the right time, in keeping with the core values/ spirit of the Company and its strategic aims.
- Champions the Company Values and ‘All In’ Cultural Norms, - proactively seeking out occasions and opportunities to highlight Values oriented behaviors and actions and socializing these.
- Acts as an escalation point for team and Business Leaders in Employee Relations situations, enables the sign off of organizational design and change plans and any local dismissal decisions by the Chief People Officer.
- Drives People related acquisition activities, leading a cross functional team from diligence to onboarding, utilizing the appropriate resources across the business.
- Via own team and in close partnership with Turnitin Leaders/Comms and wider People Team members, creates a strategy for employee engagement and relations. In service to this, creates memorable high impact employee engagement initiatives, communication sharing, team building events and social opportunities which support the overarching principle of making Turnitin a great place to work, encouraging open communication, social bonds and deep enduring connections. Actively takes part in driving the regular Employee Engagement measurements/reviews and the resulting proactive action plans (Culture Amp).
- Drives positive outcomes toward the Company’s DEI and Social Impact programs, working with stakeholders to ensure all relevant targets and goals are achieved.
- Works closely with Stakeholders, the Talent Acquisition Lead and via own team to forecast talent needs and to ensure that a pipeline of exceptional talent is flowing into the organization which meets forecasted needs.
- Works closely with Stakeholders, the Talent Development & Culture Team and via own team to harness the L&D opportunities and solutions needed to drive continued improvement and motivation.
- Via its own team and the People Relations Team, ensures all relevant contract documentation and innovative policies/ procedures/handbooks etc are in place to enable business needs in relation to employment (and self employed Contractors). And in partnership with the People Services Team that all necessary admin is completed and compliant with local legal requirements. Delegates to their own team as appropriate but carries an over-arching accountability for ensuring legal compliance, e.g. the right to work/visa obligations are met.
- 15+ years HR strategic leadership experience in a multicultural environment managing multiple States or countries within the region, as well as remote workers, and a mix of experiences in HR COEs and generalist functions.
- Sound operational knowledge of relevant HR/employment law and health and safety regulations plus all relevant regulatory requirements in the region.
- Extensive Employee Relations experience across multiple geos or States within the region
- Technological savvy and experience working with HRIS, ATS and Employee Engagement platforms
- Exceptional C-suite communications /presentations skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Project Management
- Conflict Management/Mediation
- Graduate in Human Resources Management or relevant experience
- SHRM / CIPD or equivalent membership
Not required but preferred experience:
- Previous experience of working with Google Suite, BambooHR
- Language skills
- Psychometrics qualification
- Masters in HRM / Ph.D. Industrial Organizational Psychology
- Enneagram/MBTI/Insights Practitioner
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.