As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
Kraken is looking for an Executive Compensation Director with global responsibility for the Company’s overall executive compensation function. This position reports to the Head of Total Rewards and manages compensation programs for the VP+ population. This role will provide expertise regarding the strategic design, implementation, communication and administration of the Company’s executive compensation programs including annual and long term incentives. This leader will interact with and present to our executive leadership team and the Compensation Committee.
- Prepare meeting materials for compensation committee meetings; participate in preparation sessions with compensation consultant and senior leaders.
- Conduct executive compensation survey, benchmarking and develop recommendation.
- Lead annual executive compensation planning (merit, short-term and long-term incentive), reporting and communication; partner with broad-based compensation team and HR Operations on system maintenance / enhancement.
- Support preparation of the Proxy Statement, including Compensation Discussion and Analysis (CD&A) and related disclosure in partnership with legal and finance.
- Support executive recruiting; develop offers and engage hiring manager and candidates as needed.
- Consult with business leaders and HR on executive cases (retention, succession, etc.).
- Provide analytical support to executive compensation design and other rewards projects.
- Stay abreast of market/industry trend, regulatory environment, and perspectives (proxy advisory firms, investors, consultants, activists, etc.); conduct ad-hoc research as needed.
- 10+ years of progressive professional experience in executive compensation in global organisations.
- 5 years+ working directly with public company Compensation CommitteesIn-depth knowledge of broad-based equity / deferred executive compensation practices, policies and philosophies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with superb attention to details and aptitude for translating complex issues / findings into succinct recommendation to senior leaders.
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills; track record of establishing strong collaborative relationships and trust across all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to self manage and prioritise multiple projects with changing demands; results-focused.
Location Tagging: #US
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
More Information on Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange operates in the Blockchain industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Kraken Digital Asset Exchange was founded in 2011. It has 367 total employees. To see all 215 open jobs at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange, click here.
Read Full Job Description