Financial Analyst at DAT Freight & Analytics (Portland, OR)
DAT is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 45 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 226 million freight posts in 2020, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. We have offices in Portland, OR and Denver, CO, and additional offices in MO, and Bangalore, India. For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company.
DAT Freight and Analytics is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our growing Finance & Accounting team in Denver, CO or Beaverton, OR.
As a Financial Analyst, you will be collaborating across multiple departments, including Engineering, Product and IT, doing analysis and building financial models to support initiatives and influence business decisions. While some repetitive functions come with the territory, we set a premium on the ability to perform thoughtful analysis and deliver insights to decision makers within the business.
- Outstanding skills in developing complex financial models based on well-defined assumptions to evaluate complex and ambiguous business challenges.
- Strong skills acting as a consultant to the business, with the ability to identify challenges and apply the best solutions for providing clarity.
- Proficient at using data visualization to surface insights and tell meaningful stories.
- A self-starter who is adept at managing multiple projects and deliverables.
- Effective collaborator who will be a resource for several departments and proactively engage the constituents.
- Experience partnering with a range of internal organizations, leveraging data and metrics to inform ongoing strategy development and business decisions.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with a variety of stakeholders across DAT, driving effective collaboration and business decisions through detailed analysis and an evaluation of the resulting financial impact.
- Support effective management decision making through thoughtful analysis and effectively communicated financial models and data visualization.
- Take a stance and formulate a data-driven opinion using the results of your analysis to drive and influence business decisions.
- Develop financial models and analyze ROI on new and existing initiatives.
- Work on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices, recommendations, or decisions.
- Manage expense and headcount forecasts in partnership with leadership, drilling into key variances against forecasts while handling a continuously evolving investment strategy.
- Maintain expert level of business functional knowledge and current technology.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from internal business partners and senior management in a timely manner with a high level of accuracy.
The Skills You’ll Need
- The primary technical requirement is advanced Excel ability. You must be proficient with pivot tables and lookup formulas and have experience developing complex financial models from scratch.
- Ability to construct a pro forma P&L, using financial modeling best practices to test business scenarios is required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and reach defensible conclusions is required.
- Enterprise SaaS experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with accounting principles (GAAP) is a plus.
- Experience working with Salesforce reporting and CPQ / Billing is a plus.
- Knowledge of the logistics transportation industry is a plus.
- Familiarity with our toolstack is a plus: Excel PowerPivot, SQL, Python, dbt, Tableau.
- 2-5 years of experience in a highly quantitative role.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field. MBA a plus.
For Colorado-based candidates, in compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the minimum salary for this role is $85,000 + benefits. The maximum compensation for this role can vary significantly depending on your job-related skills and experience. DAT considers factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education and training, core skills, internal equity, and market and business elements when extending an offer.
DAT embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) <#LI-JW1>